Blackadder Quest/ Companion

kieranfoy

I learned it from this tutorial: Link (I use GIMP)

the only thing they don't mention that I do is when you remove the extra bits, you should

change the background (you can do a fill, probably) to a tan-ish color and set the magic wand

(fuzzy select tool) to 'feather edges.' This leaves a little see-through mist of tan-ish color that

helps it blend a little when you see the icon in the inventory.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was everything in that packet I sent you, Kieran?

No missing meshes or textures? Everything has an icon?

everything has icons, but unfortunately the bookbelt lacks textures, I believe. You see, the book looks black in the ground model,a nd crashes my game when I equip it.

Other than that, it looks lovely.

One thing, though. While your Akatosh robes look heavenly on the Judges in Aetherius (literally), don't suppose you could so a recolor of the tan robe, with the hood and dark tan bit light grey and robe white, with the red diamond in the middle of the dark tan(well, grey in the new robe) bit? The recolored Archmages robe just looks alittle too rich with it's embroidery for the priests.

No offense, and I truly do love the robes, but I htink it might break immersion a little to see our humble Inquisitorial priests (the Witchsmeller has a cadre, you see) to go around dressed like lords.

I hate to ask, you're doing so much already, but... I think it will look so nice.

So, then perhaps Alessia (i.e. the saints in general) wear the pure white robes because of their holiness and purity,

while the lesser servants or Acolytes, have not achieved that status?

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz84/zprospero/2Robe.jpghttp://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz84/zprospero/1Robe.jpg

And, this makes a lot of sense for the Witchsmeller's robe to be black, if he lives where we were discussing, because of soot.

(It certainly looks dirty to me, also a sort of a metaphor, then)

So, then perhaps Alessia (i.e. the saints in general) wear the pure white robes because of their holiness and purity,

while the lesser servants or Acolytes, have not achieved that status?

And, this makes a lot of sense for the Witchsmeller's robe to be black, if he lives where we were discussing, because of soot.

(It certainly looks dirty to me, also a sort of a metaphor, then)

Those are perfect!

Actually, I was thinking the Saints were brilliant robe because they're dead, and have their eternal reward, a part of which is niice clothes (like the whole 'robe and crown' thing some Christians talk about). The priests are supposed to be humble.

And those robes are fantastic! I love them. One thing, though. COuld the diamond be higher, about where an amulet would rest?

And, that's a good point, about the symbolism. the Witchsmeller was probably a good man once, before the rigors of his jobv corrupted him.

Oh, and I was thinking he has three acolytes in the white robes, and once you've killed him and become Witchsmeller, you can order them around.

very Blackadder II, this; start out utterly screwed, and wind up wiht more power than before.

And, once again, thank you. Without you, this mod ouldn't be anything!

I completely agree about the amulet height (Also I was thinking all of this stuff would be for Aetherius, makes much more sense that the priests are wearing them.)

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz84/zprospero/HigherAmulet.jpg

Would the Witchsmeller then, likely be the executioner for the church? Would the Ploppys be involved?

(And perhaps L33 has a nice beheading axe around? ;) [Remember the Witchsmeller's test?])

I completely agree about the amulet height (Also I was thinking all of this stuff would be for Aetherius, makes much more sense that the priests are wearing them.)

Would the Witchsmeller then, likely be the executioner for the church? Would the Ploppys be involved?

(And perhaps L33 has a nice beheading axe around? ;) [Remember the Witchsmeller's test?])

Actually, I was thinking even higher, maybe right in the middle of the inverted triangular bit. But, I defer to your judgement. Goodnes knows it looks good.

Well, the Witchsmeller might help stack the kindling (goodnes knows he'll light the bonfire) but he doesn't seem the sort to lift a heavy axe. Yeah, a Ploppy'd be great for that. Might even try the voice meself.

As for axe, I'll ask him. He said he'd love to do one.

And I can write a scripted enchantment that lets it ACTUALLY cut off someone's head.

You mean like in Deadly Reflex?

I don't know how that works, but I think it's different. This will simply equip an invisble helmet on the victim, kill them instantly (to balance, it's only a random chance), and add a severed head miscellaneous item to you inventory called Severed Head.