SkyUI problem

seeker2k

My SkyUI MCM all of a sudden stopped working with / detecting some of my mods yesterday. Since then, I have tried the following steps to fix this, all without any results:

1. Sorted and re-sorted the load order, different load orders

2. Waited in the game for prolonged periods of time as sometimes it takes a while for it to register stuff (about 3-4 days gametime)

3. Used the SetStage command as outlined in the troubleshooting section of the SkyUI readme

4. Uninstalled whole game, deleted all preferences, ini, save files, everything restarted from complete scratch, basically deleted the whole Skyrim Directory and deleted whole Skyrim section under MyDocuments, ran regedit and cleaned the registry and whole hard drive of any leftovers.

5. Deleted whole cache generated by NMM so it had to re-scan and restart from scratch as well.

6. Double and triple checked my SKSE installation

7. Double and triple checked my FNIS installation

8. Reinstalled both the mods and SkyUI countless times including manual wipes of anything leftover.

Nothing I have done works so far.

The thing is, that it does keep some of the mods and it kept some config even after I completely wiped and reinstalled which leads me to believe there are some files somewhere that saved the borked config just not named with the SkyUI MCM scheme so searching for them on HD or in registry doesnt do anything. So if anyone tahts really familiar with SkyUI orhow it works can help out it'd be appreciated.

Really need help on this one.

Thank You

SkyUI vars are stored in your saved game files. If you start a new save, you're using a clean SkyUI config. If you're using an old save, I suggest opening your game, saving it, then loading it and doing your testing from there. Some MCM menus need a load-save-load to happen before they will register.

Can you tell me which mods are not registering, and if they're new mods you're adding or if they just suddenly disappeared from your MCM Menu?

Hi

Initially this happened literally yesterday mid game and as stated, I have completely uninstalled the whole game, including all the saves, wiped everything within the MyDocuments directory pertaining to Skyrim and then ran regedit to wipe all traces from registry. Now I am on the brand new game, not the old saves, and still having identical problem. And yes, I have saved and restarted the game, played few minutes, waited 24 hours using the wait command since I ran into that in the past, saved again, restarted again, all to no avail.

there has to be something leftover somewhere, just not containing skyui or mcm in the name or I would have found it by now. I even did searches inside files, meaning archives, log files etc. using those search strings, came out empty.

The mods are same as I have used within last 2-3 weeks, double checked to make sure they are still latest versions, so that something isn't trying to update them by any chance, they are. Not sure what else to do here.

Did you update SkyUI or SKSE in the last few weeks? Or perhaps install an SKSE plugin which could be stalling it?

Also, is MCM registering anything? Or only select mods? Can you confirm that SKSE is working at all?

Edited by vinniewryan

All mods are up to date to their respective latest versions, SKSE is working, I got the correct version number using GetSKSEVersion command via the console. Most of my mods, such as Face to face, High Heels, Zaz Animation Pack are working correctly, its just some that are not showing up. So I know SKSE is working or Face to Face wouldn't function at all.