Never downloaded a mod before...

KrisTheZombie

But they look cool so i thought i would try....but it looks like im stuck lol

I've never even tried to download one before and i kinda don't know where to start lol. i tried it and i came up as a RAR file...and it wont come up on fallout when i load it..I'm such a noob lol

so, can anyone help?? like a tut site or something would be cool...

thankies

(Gob = <3)

But they look cool so i thought i would try....but it looks like im stuck lol

I've never even tried to download one before and i kinda don't know where to start lol. i tried it and i came up as a RAR file...and it wont come up on fallout when i load it..I'm such a noob lol

so, can anyone help?? like a tut site or something would be cool...

thankies

(Gob = <3)

You need to first unRAR the RAR file.

Look at RarZilla or Google other free software.

I don't know how far you got, but here goes...

The .RAR file in an archive - a bunch of files compressed together. You need to unpack/extract it with a utility like 7Zip (LINK). That should allow you to see what is in the archive. Hopefully, there will be a readme file within that has instructions on what do do with the contents of the rar file. Also, the download page for the file might also have instructions. Usually, but not always, you have to extract the contents of the rar file to your \Data folder. Once completed, you have to add the mod in the launcher or FOMM (if you use that) by ticking the check box next to the mod name (if it was a mod that you downloaded).

G'Luck.

:D yay i go it!! haha. thanks.

but on some of them there was a red exclamation point...anyway to fix that? someone told me i wasn't puting the textures files in the right place but they didnt explain...ive just been putting them in the data folder with everything else...isn't that right? lol