ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Best alternative to UFO/EFF?

mindw0rk2

Seeking for mod that gives me the best control over my followers and simple enough to be compatible with everything. Im currently using Extensible Follower Framework, and not a big fan of it. Maybe you guys can recommend me something?

I've used all three, and not just for a few days, but several months each. So I've had extensive period of 'testing' with each of the three. If you want something simple and is the least intrusive and least likely to cause issues, bugs, or break quests, EFF is the one that best fits the bill out of the three most popular follower overhaul mods (it's the one I currently use and support). There are other 'lesser known' alternatives, like Kurtee's multiple followers mod, but I've not tried them.

Edited by ripple

I had this dilemma a while back, but I could never find a proper reply about why AFT was better than UFO besides the usual answer "it's less buggy". UFO was fine for me, so I didn't understand.

However, now that I've tried AFT, it's indispensable:

• Stealth Mode. If you want to sneak at all, this is an incredible feature. Everyone turns invisible, generally stays undetected (Dwarven Luggage is a bit too noisy; he gets detected -- but the cool thing is you can even manage mod follower/creatures like that with AFT; it's compatible with most). Also they will not attack until you're hit or turn off stealth.
  • Complete spell/skill management. If you want to set a specific skillset (e.g. Spellsword or Two-handed ONLY) they will use only that. You can also have them learn and unlearn spells.
  • Complete management of inventory and armor/clothing. Plus various sets for "at home", "in city", and "in battle" (if you want). "Backpack" option allows item-placement that you don't want them to wear nor use.
  • Complete management of what they do/where they go: Dismiss but hang out here, Stop, Relax, etc. If you want to head out on your own for a while or want them to chill at a tavern, this is cool.
  • Are there really only 5 slots? I see a message of something like "24 of 27 slots available" when I add a new follower.
  • Catch-up on Weapon Draw. SO helpful when you go mountain-climbing. Normally followers can't follow you over non-flat terrain, but not a problem with AFT! So if an ASIS-spawned army of bears suddenly attacks, you're not SOL.
  • Summon feature. For when they don't catch up.

That is all I can think of for now. But it's really well-done, overall. Definitely recommend it.

Does AFT also have that feature where I can tell followers to look out and pick up specific things? Like have one follower pick up books, another one picking up weapons, and another one picking up armor? If it has that particular feature, I think I'll be trying that out...