Half-Life2

gracietoo

Hi folks. As I have recently put Windows 7 on a new computer I decided to get Half-Life so I can see what all the fuss is about - it has been running for so many years, it's got to have something special about it. OK it's on and running just fine, and I could get to enjoy it once I know what I am doing I expect - but I am not much good at it at present. Well, that made me think - I wasn't much good at Fallout when I first had that, but much better now ( having Fawkes around to fight my battles for me helps a lot mind), so I wondered, is that how it will be with Half-Life? At present it's all shooting to survive, and I haven't got time to look around. I hope there is more to the game than bang-bang your dead. Will it calm down once I get through the canal system? Will I get better as I get used to it same as in Fallout? You are certain to have played it - most every gamer in the world has this game it seems....

So far, I'm past that point in the game and no, it doesn't seem like it slows down at all in terms of action. It's a FPS, not a FPRPG ;) After leaving there you get a very minor break before you go back into wasting alieums :biggrin: It's not really a "wander around" sort of game, there's always something to get ya haha

um, that's a shame, my brain isn't geared for constant frenetic activity - I doubt I will last the course! :)

Love the 'pome' Iliad - great stuff, meter AND sense!

hehe, yeah, I can't play it too much myself, it hurts my eyes :P

Ya, everyone get s a good giggle out of that one :) Dr. Seuss Explains Computer Crashes :P

You might feel a little different about the "standard shooter" idea when you finish the fifth chapter of the game... There's something waiting for you there that will completely alter the way you can play the game (though maybe you know what I'm talking about).

:whistling:

It's a good game, but a little overrated IMO. Played it several times through. When I first saw it, I thought it was the best thing that ever happened, but then I sorta tired of it as the lines got repetitive and there's no change in direction...

ah, right... actually I am a little confused as to just which bit of Half life I am playing. It is called Half Life Two, but then there is an episode 1 and 2 as well, plus Portal, and a team game (which i am not interested in), so where does Chapter Five come in??

I feel a bit that way about Fallout. At first I hated it, then with some mods I got into it and have been playing it since quite happily, but there are things I might do differently, but the thought of having to go through the early stages all over again.... groo.

Episode 1 and Episode 2 are separate stories that go with HL2. Play HL2, then Ep.1 , then Ep.2.

Good, because Portal sucks so bad lol...so wasn't worth all that download time on Steam.