Better Dungeons trouble

Kaizerwolf

Hey all

I've recently installed Better Dungeons (found here: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/40392/?)

And I'm having some big issues with it. Some parts of the dungeons are modified, but there are a lot of yellow star signs with "WTF?? I AM A MISSING MESH!" inside them. The mod page claims it has no conflicts with other mods, but I am at a loss here.

My currently installed mods:

All Natural 3.1

Arrows Weight Nothing *and Vanilla

Better Cities 5.4.1

Better Dungeons

Cobl 1.72

DarNified UI

Detect Arrows

GW71 Life Detect

Illumination Within

Improved Signs

Let the People Drink

LightSabers

Loading Screens Replacer

Natural Faces

Nighteye Shader Replacement

Nighteye Shaders

No Psychic Guards

Oblivion PolyGone Overhaul

Rainbows in Tamriel

Seraphim Blade

Shadowcrest Vineyard

Oblivion Stereo Overhaul

Streamline

TARDIS

The Lost Spires

I assumed that maybe the PolyGone overhaul had something to do with it, but after disabling it the problems were still present. I don't know why any of the other mods would interfere either.

This is Bramblepoint (name?) Cave. Giant hole in the cave.

I am at a loss as to what to do. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Kw

That's due to required meshes not being installed, or not being accessible by the game. Juging from the mods you're using, I'd say Better Dungeons is conflicting with Better Cities. From the readme:

Better Dungeons' BSA is known to conflict with MMM and Better Cities' BSAs, so if you're using those, you're better off getting the non-BSA version.

Try the non-BSA version of Better Dungeons and see if that works.

That's due to required meshes not being installed, or not being accessible by the game. Juging from the mods you're using, I'd say Better Dungeons is conflicting with Better Cities. From the readme:

Better Dungeons' BSA is known to conflict with MMM and Better Cities' BSAs, so if you're using those, you're better off getting the non-BSA version.

Try the non-BSA version of Better Dungeons and see if that works.

Ah yeah I did read that. I had first installed the BSA version, and Oblivion wouldn't even launch (and I'm sure it was Better Cities, as that's a BSA conflict). I then tried the Non-BSA version, and this did not work either. I am currently running the .esp version, but I will try the non-BSA version and report back.

Thanks!

Edited by Kaizerwolf

Okay, I've tried the Non-BSA loose files version. The omod was created without any issues, and there was one texture from COBL (something about the water) that conflicted, as well as some textures from the TARDIS mod. I left those alone, and chose not to replace them with the Better Dungeons alternatives. Once it has been activated, nothing happens in OBMM, and nothing changes in game. I am not new to Oblivion modding, but there may be something I'm missing. The textures and meshes are all in the oblivion data folders, but nothing changes in game.

Any further ideas? I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong.

Thanks,

Kw

I am currently running the .esp version

There is no ".esp version". You need either .esp + BSA or .esp + non-BSA.

Well now isn't that something! I didn't know you needed both files for this to work right. I'll try it with both the .esp and non-bsa packages.

In terms of all natural, I probably need to look in to that. I'm not sure why it's got an odd version number, since I'm sure I just downloaded it recently.

Edit: @Sergio1992, just a small mistype, sorry. I'm on version 1.31.

Edited by Kaizerwolf