Death of Millions To save Billions?

Beggerwolf

Sure Hitler's Genocide is wrong, but all of man's greatest Triumphs came out of Bloodshed.

Example, most medicine came from war crimes and genocide, most technology came from war, and christianity cam out of the blood of christ! Our Democracy Came from war, American government and independence came from revolution, and canadian independance came from World War One,

Because something good came out of bloodshed, doesn't make it any less of a blood shed!

Mohatma Ghandi freed India from Great Britan with no use of violence, or bloodshet at all

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure Hitler's Genocide is wrong, but all of man's greatest Triumphs came out of Bloodshed.

Example, most medicine came from war crimes and genocide, most technology came from war, and christianity cam out of the blood of christ! Our Democracy Came from war, American government and independence came from revolution, and canadian independance came from World War One,

Because something good came out of bloodshed, doesn't make it any less of a blood shed!

Mohatma Ghandi freed India from Great Britan with no use of violence, or bloodshet at all

Ghandi used no violence, but violence was used against him. Besides, guandi doesn't count

Ghandi used no violence, but violence was used against him. Besides, guandi doesn't count

Why not? He was at the same time, had the same charisma. But he did things differently

It's different when you say "Hitler killed millions to save billions!" from when you say "Hitler killed millions and accidentally saved billions!". It's all in the intent and purpose of the doer. I'm sure most of you have played Assassin's Creed by now, it's one of the better games that I've played with deep story that makes you stop and think, quite fitting of the same subject as well, since I don't want to spoil it to those who didn't play it, just go play it and listen to what each hit you kill says when they're dying and you'll know what I mean.

Now what I'm saying is, all madmen think of themselves right, Hitler probably did it all for the good of his people (read:race), Stalin also thought the same, but it all comes down to this: Can you avoid bloodshed? Consider this situation:-

Two families (or parties or factions) are at quarrel with each other, they haven't started killing each other yet but they're about to. They both listen to their leaders, and without the two parties would dissolve. Now you can either kill the two leaders, or one of them to ease up the situation. In other words you're killing 1 or 2 people to save the rest. Alternatively you could try to convince both leaders to stand down and also ease up the situation.

In other cases where bloodshed cannot be avoided at all, you choose the lesser evil, as in kill the least amount of people to save the many. At least that's how I view it.

Why not? He was at the same time, had the same charisma. But he did things differently

Because I didn't think of that.

And I was talking about our society, and India isn't exactly well off. (Unfortunate but true)

Why not? He was at the sam time, hade the sam charmisma. But he did things differently

gandhi may have freed india without bloodshed but india is poor compared to canada and usa britain japan aswell as germany

tsk tsk