Lets thank the military with a MOD

arkentera666

I dont know about you guys but when I graduated highschool 2 of my closest friends joined the military and already have served in iraq, I was wondering if anyone out there could make a pair of ACU's and instead of vault 101 on the back of the jumpsuit vault 666 (It is a religious quest mod) im looking for someone to make these for me and honor the U.S. Armed Forces in doing so. Thank you very much for reading and I hope you guys can help me.

Story Line Will Not Be Discussed To Ensure My Work Will Not Be Stolen.

I intend on this to be hours and hours of play. So help the fallout 3 community.

Story Line Will Not Be Discussed To Ensure My Work Will Not Be Stolen.

That's a really good idea because this place is crawling with lowlifes like me just waiting to steal good ideas.

But let's get back to the thought of honoring people...

Started cleaning thread, then realized what was being asked... Fortunately, the post which was removed was a bit offensive in nature, so no real loss.

Closed the thread as this sort of request will only result in some sort of a flame war. It's clear that your mod has some rather hostile religious undertones, and regardless of content or intent, will only result in creating a problem. Furthermore, a mod which deals with military against any sort of religious group is probably one of the WORST ways you could thank anyone, let alone anyone serving in the armed forces of a country that grants an undeniable freedom of religion.

If you really want to create some sort of tribute, do it respectfully or don't do it at all. If you want to make a mod like this, don't disguise it as some sort of quasi-patriotism.

As far as "stealing" work is concerned. Anyone who has done any sort of substantial modding can tell you that theft of a mod idea is pretty much a lost argument. Even if someone liked your idea, they would still need to be able to do the mod, at which point, they might as well just help you. I have yet to see any instance where one modder has stolen a storyline from another and actually accomplished anything. Sharing nothing will only result in people asking for more or ignoring you. So share enough to give an idea about the content and scope of the mod, but leave out most of the details if you're still afraid that someone will steal your "awsome" idea.

Edited by Vagrant0