How do you create _2.mmh files?

Hiya Dwain- I'm sorry for giving you half an answer, but I havent messed with this game in several years, and I don't have it installed on my computer anymore.

But the symptoms that you are describing sounds more like having an incomplete set of LOD files, rather than the mesh files themselves. The game uses two different set of textures for armors. A High detail set of textures for up close, and then a lower resolution set of textures for distance view.

The wonkiness that you are describing, sounds like there is not an assigned set of textures for longer distance. If it's a mod that you downloaded, you can check to see if there is a set of textures in the "Medium" folder.

I'm using Ghost11's GWRunic armor for the example, but it's \GW_Runic_Armor_v.2.1\Contents\addins\gw_runic_armor\core\textures\medium in your override folder. His are packed in an .erf file, which you can use the toolset to open up. (And I dont have it on my computer, so I can't look at them). :(

If it's an armor that you are creating yourself, you can just copy files over from the High to the Medium (or vice versa) folder. Tho I am not sure if they have to be renamed or not. Like I said, I can't currently open the .erf file to see if they have different names or not.

Again, sorry for the incomplete answer, but I think that this might lead you in the direction that you need to go ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand, if all it takes is putting the same files in differently labeled folders then why bother creating 2nd and sometimes 3rd layer mmh, msh and phy files in decreasing order of detail?

If someone could please tell me how to create these files using gmax or any other modeling program, I would appreciate it.

Thanks...

That'S my way to make the LOD2 files:

I'm working with Blender 2.49 and there is an option which I use to make the LOD2 files for the hairstyles I'm porting.

The script is called: Poly Reducer. You can fnd it under: script -> mesh-> Poly reducer in Blender...maybe gmax etc. has something similiar. It removes polygons from a mesh but maintains shapes, texture and weights. You need to calculate the factor of course.

Maybe that helps you a bit. :)

Maybe that helps you a bit. :smile:

Yes, yes, thank you!

Now all I have to do is install blender, again, and see if I can finally figure out how to use it.

I looked in gmax for something like 'Poly Reducer' but couldn't find anything. If anybody knows if this can be done in gmax let me know.

See what I'm attempting to deal with.

(That's two Qunari females.)

Edited by DwainDibley

Wow, she has some crazy moves! ;D

Yep, that's a LOD file problem.

I've searched a bit and there is a Poylgon Reduction Tool for gmax. It's a simple modifier (Optimize) but I don't know if it keeps shape, weight and texture of your object like the Blender Poly reducer.