Anyone else really hyped for Mass Effect 2?

Retribution

you only get like one new gun per type, aside from the heavy weapons. the citadel is only like two areas with a **SNIP** of transport between lol. i think their level designers got laaaaaazy.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just great, I got an email from Amazon saying there was a crediting error. I should have spelled out "RD" in my address as "Road" because the CC company declined it stating it was not the correct address. A "lol" seems appropriate here but I'm not really laughing...although all you guys might.

They ALMOST canceled the order on me, thus losing my freebie armor/weapon for pre-ordering!

Who knows when it will arrive at my house now. :(

LHammonds

Just great, I got an email from Amazon saying there was a crediting error. I should have spelled out "RD" in my address as "Road" because the CC company declined it stating it was not the correct address. A "lol" seems appropriate here but I'm not really laughing...although all you guys might.

They ALMOST canceled the order on me, thus losing my freebie armor/weapon for pre-ordering!

Who knows when it will arrive at my house now. :(

LHammonds

Sorry, I laughed. I always put road, not the abbreviation. It's subconscious or something. Why did you order it, though? Couldn't you pick it up at Wal-Mart, or Gamestop, or somewhere else?

i wouldnt buy it. and i am glad i didnt, i beat it in 12 hours :(

what is with people trying to shortchange us on the story? seriously a bunch of crap. and there isnt even anything to do after you beat the game.

Why would a game being short automaticly make it bad for some people? 0 replay value?

Still I'm probably going to get this preowned or borrow it, not really in the habit of paying £50 for a single game.

Why did you order it, though? Couldn't you pick it up at Wal-Mart, or Gamestop, or somewhere else?

I have only pre-ordered 2 games before. Doom3 and this one (ME2). I pre-ordered this one simply because if you pre-order, you get a unique armor and weapon. I was going to buy this game anyway at some point so I figured I would do a fire-n-forget. I probably would not have caught that it had shipping issues if it were not for this thread reminding me to go check on it. (thanks guys)

As for the length of the game? Yes, you can blow through just about any game out there (especially some of the very best) but it is obvious that you should do the side quests BEFORE completing the main quest...which helps your character grow stronger.

I mentioned earlier that there was one particular thing that bugged me about ME1 but I forgot to also mention the planet explorations. Some are fun but the ones where you have to negotiate around terrain that is nothing more than a grid with single verticies pulled very high all over the place just to make it difficult to travel over is somewhat irritating after the 3rd or 4th time on such a surface. It seemed like they had two different people making landscapes because some are extremely well-designed and others seem like a newbie put it together. ** shrug **

As I said, this is one of the few games that I have completed but I think this and KOTOR are the only titles that I have completed over-and-over again. I have probably played each KOTOR game about 3 or 4 times through and ME1 at least 4 times through.

LHammonds