Anyone else really hyped for Mass Effect 2?

Retribution

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Area Charge is my favorite move in any game ever. Vanguards are so ridiculously fun to play as.

Second that. Though I went for power.

No, really, at first I was irritated that there were even less powers than original. But when I saw that every class and every companion have an unique and in some cases a really interesting one... I felt more impressed, even if there are still useless abilities as well.

There are loads of it. And you need very little. I have 55 thousands now, no idea what to do with that amount (though it's second time). Probably resetting and resetting again.

If I may, a small spoiler, for those that don't want to be heartbroken:

if you start the final quest, then it seems that those of your companions that are not listed as "loyal" on companion screen will die in the end regardless of what you do during the quest (though I'm not 100% sure). Completing their quests doesn't seem to be enough. Wrong decisions during the final quest still may kill them, as my friend says.

I can't see the code blah, blah, blah :pinch: ... nice game so far, getting around 60fps with 16x samples completely maxed woot.

playing in 1080P with my tv woot :thumbsup: .

Had anyone noticed the audio and lip sync issue in the first cut scene, i checked fraps and it was running at a smooth 60fps with v.sync, curios had anyone noticed that.

strange...

Entire post spoiler-tagged. Read at your own peril.

Loyalty matters, but it seems to be only a modifier rather than a 100% guarantee. I've had disloyal people survive when I thought they wouldn't- if they happen to be the right person for the job you give them, they have a pretty good chance of living anyway. Also, it is possible to have a loyal teammate die if they are not the best person for the job you give them, or if they are working with a disloyal teammate. Keeping disloyal teammates with your personal squad will not guarantee their survival, either.

The effect of a teammate's loyalty status is just one of several determining factors that go into the survival equation. Personal upgrades, ship upgrades, and class specialties are the other major factors so far as I can tell, but there *may* be a small chance of the Random Number God interfering as well- the game hasn't been out long enough for everything to be completely figured out yet. Rest assured though, keeping a teammate alive involves more than just "Loyal Y/N?"

Is that some other source information, or is it based on your own result? Would you mind to elaborate specifics if second? PM, if you don't want to spoil. I completed once, so it won't spoil for me. Just

want to keep everyone alive the second time, Chambers included.