X277 Viper Rail Gun

paragonskeep

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone would like to take a stab at making the X277 Viper Rail Gun from the Museum of Technology.

I was thinking it would be a cross between the Gauss and Plasma Caster. It would be heavy since it was a prototype and not very efficient. Possibly multiple MFC per shot. I think it would also be cool to have the "Tesla" effect on the barrel to show the electromagnets in operation. Since this is a very powerful weapon would there be a way to script a 1% chance on a critical hit to be an instant kill to reflect the projectile going through the target?

Would be a single shot, scoped, very loud, degrades on line with Gauss very limited repair (although can use alien epoxy to repair). Hi-tech yet lore friendly (if that makes sense)

I've tried to model/texture but can not as of yet (still in learning curve, and not very quickly progressing).

Thanks for looking.

This is from the wiki

The X277 "Viper" magnetic rail cannon was a weapon that was displayed in the Museum of Technology sometime before the events of Fallout 3.

BackgroundEdit

The X277 "Viper" magnetic rail cannon was developed for the U.S. Military by West-Tek. Also commonly referred to as a "railgun", the weapon uses energy cells to propel a depleted uranium round across a series of magnets discharging it at extremely high velocity. Deemed too costly to produce on a mass scale, the project was abandoned in 2044. The only known prototype was displayed in the Washington, D.C. Museum of Technology in 2077. As of 2277 it is unknown where this weapon has gone to.