purple weapons/items/armors

madcow12

I'm using 250 mods, of which texture mods are just SkyrimHD Lite, SMIM, Project Parallex. It's BOSS-ed clean install

game runs beautifully, except after a certain time i start getting purple items or weapons or armors as if some meshes are missing. but if I go into a shop, type pcb into the console and go back, then it's ok again.

what could be the cause of this? I'm also using Somber Unchained ENB..could it be straining my video card?

i tried and it seemed to strangely worsen the problem. when i placed back the unoptimized textures, they were un-purple for longer periods then when optimized. very strange. i have a intel 4600 with a switchable graphics AMD 8970M and it does that..

i tried and it seemed to strangely worsen the problem. when i placed back the unoptimized textures, they were un-purple for longer periods then when optimized. very strange. i have a intel 4600 with a switchable graphics AMD 8970M and it does that..

Set your laptop to use only 8970m card. Should be somewhere under power options, if I remember correctly.

@notmyhome yes I am using Somber Unchained. How can i fix the binaries?

@BlackRoseOfThorns Can't find it. I can change between Max performance and max battery life, but no just SG.

does changing the graphics card noted in the .ini under sd3dd device help?

@BlackRoseOfThorns Can't find it. I can change between Max performance and max battery life, but no just SG.

does changing the graphics card noted in the .ini under sd3dd device help?

Check this thread:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19463998.aspx

Use only ENBinjector for laptops, otherwise it will always switch to Intel 4600. Most ENBs don't work properly without injector even when you install Optimus dll fix (works for RCRN tho).

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns

Don't parallax textures require ENB? You could check into that. Additionally, purple objects can mean corrupted texture files, so replacing them might help. The last possibility is insufficient VRAM on your graphics card.

I've tried replacing, and so it seems insufficient VRAM is the thing. except this is very weird cuz I've got a 4gb intel graphics with a 4gb AMD card. i've got more than enough vram to deal with skyrim, or so i think. and what's worse, i'm crashing every 30 minutes. i think it might be overheating, but this doesn't happen when i play other games such as Sniper Elite2 or even Total War.