[REQ]:Compound Bow

vivaholydiver

Except the original version of the song by Dio is a lot better...

I love compound bows, really fun to shoot, would love to play with one in Oblivion.

Well, duh! Dio is always better.

Anyway, yeah, should be simple enough to tweak the meshes and textures for Oblivion, but what do I know? I d know it looks pretty high-poly.

Now that PyFFI can export working bows straight out of Blender (thanks Amorilla), this should be quite doable.

I am not sure if the morph allows multiple items to be morphed such as multiple draw strings but it would be awesome if it does. It would be cool too if the wheels would spin almost 360 degrees as it is being pulled back. Again, this all depends upon if the morph can handle it.

I would suggest doing a VERY simple tech test to see if multiple strings can be morphed. If so, then go one step further and see if you can get a wheel to rotate in place a little bit. If all those things can be done, I think it would be a 1st. But again, it might not have been done because of a morph limitation. ;) So, test, test, test before spending too much time on it is my advice.

LHammonds

Hey D'yknow what I'm gonna learn how to do the Bow's then i'm gonna attempt to make the comp bow you uploaded in the first place :D Good that i know how to animate weapons to :thumbsup: I'll add it to my project list

Hey D'yknow what I'm gonna learn how to do the Bow's then i'm gonna attempt to make the comp bow you uploaded in the first place :D Good that i know how to animate weapons to :thumbsup: I'll add it to my project list

Haha your great! thanks for suggestion, like again its a first for TES.

:thanks:

oh yeah i used the name from my bf2 name and my favorite war song to make loggin name.

i play guitar aswell but more into slipknot.

Now that PyFFI can export working bows straight out of Blender (thanks Amorilla), this should be quite doable.

I am not sure if the morph allows multiple items to be morphed such as multiple draw strings but it would be awesome if it does. It would be cool too if the wheels would spin almost 360 degrees as it is being pulled back. Again, this all depends upon if the morph can handle it.

I would suggest doing a VERY simple tech test to see if multiple strings can be morphed. If so, then go one step further and see if you can get a wheel to rotate in place a little bit. If all those things can be done, I think it would be a 1st. But again, it might not have been done because of a morph limitation. ;) So, test, test, test before spending too much time on it is my advice.

LHammonds

Thank you very much for the information hammonds. Good to know something like this is possible (somewhat haha) and is starting to lift off. but the only problem i really is having someone to make the mod itself.

FYI: for something to learn: the wheels you see, mostly there will be a pulley ontop or bottom which only turns a bit and takes the abuse when being torqued (instead of bow sway and cracking) this invention can be tuned to higher poundage. thought you might liked to know this. :thanks: