AnchorageGaussRifleVATSFix.esp

Fellout-Full.esp

Fellout-Anchorage.esp

Fellout-BrokenSteel.esp

Fellout-PointLookout.esp

Fellout-pipboylight.esp

Total active plugins: 19

Total plugins: 19

I have all of 4Aces HiRes Texture mods and the Official F3 HD Texture Pack installed as well. Have I missed a step or something to prevent this freezing and constant crashing? The game is almost unplayable as it stands right now.

Thanks in advance.

I'm no expert on load orders, but after installing FOMM you should try BOSS for FO3 for finding a conflict-free order, AND use the merged patch feature in FO3Edit.

FOMM

BOSS for FO3

FO3Edit

These will make your life a lot easier :)

Just so you know: The game won't become stable as rock whatever you do, so get a good save manager for FO3 too asap... It will save your day numerous times :) (And DO NOT download those "uber .ini files" that some people have uploaded to Nexus, as its the surest way to make your game unstable... I myself got FO3 working smoothly by using the above programs, and by updating it to 1.7 with the official patch. I think the Unofficial patch is for fixing the 1.5 patch bugs which are in turn fixed officially in 1.7.

I'm no expert on load orders, but after installing FOMM you should try BOSS for FO3 for finding a conflict-free order, AND use the merged patch feature in FO3Edit.

FOMM

BOSS for FO3

FO3Edit

These will make your life a lot easier :)

Just so you know: The game won't become stable as rock whatever you do, so get a good save manager for FO3 too asap... It will save your day numerous times :) (And DO NOT download those "uber .ini files" that some people have uploaded to Nexus, as its the surest way to make your game unstable... I myself got FO3 working smoothly by using the above programs, and by updating it to 1.7 with the official patch. I think the Unofficial patch is for fixing the 1.5 patch bugs which are in turn fixed officially in 1.7.

I currently do use FOMM - I manually sorted everything according to the Load Order Report, and I tried the Auto-sort feature right after. Both ended in the same order. I only used BOSS for FO3 for a minute or two, but I'm clueless as to the steps pertaining to creating this "Merged Patch". I tried it once and it made my game dramatically more unstable.

Also, what do these warnings/errors mean in FOMM? It gives these messages in the Load Order Report.

-Mod load order report

! Warning: current load order template contains 16 duplicate entries

-FollowersHireContinued-KarmaCheck-NoCharismaCheck-NoCountCheck.esp

* This mod does not exist in the current template

* This mod does not exist in the current template

Think you could assist me with steps on doing that?

Thanks!

If anyone could assist, that would be great. I'm getting wierd bugs leading to crashing like random game textures going pitch black (such as weapons, armor, terrain, etc), VATS mode going completely black and cursor producing trails, NPCs limbs and faces disappearing, only showing eyes and apparel. There has to be a solution to stabilize the game so I can actually play and enjoy it without constant freezing and crashing (while keeping the very few mods I do have) every 3-5 minutes of play.

P.S - Is there a load order for installing new textures as well? If so, how would you do that?

Thanks in advance.

How did you install the 4Aces and Official HD textures? After reading this thread a few times I'm starting to get the feeling that those two are the culprits to blame.

The message "This mod doesn't...template" just means that the mod is not in the master template. Nothing to worry about.

The duplicate entries (I don't know exactly what it means) is nothing alarming.

How did you install the 4Aces and Official HD textures? After reading this thread a few times I'm starting to get the feeling that those two are the culprits to blame.

The message "This mod doesn't...template" just means that the mod is not in the master template. Nothing to worry about.

The duplicate entries (I don't know exactly what it means) is nothing alarming.

I installed the Official HD Textures first, over the original textures, then I installed 4Aces HD Textures and overwrote those textures that were smaller in size than the 4Aces ones. Installing them, I just copied the Texture folders into the F3 Data folder.

I reinstalled F3 from scratch and installed only 4Aces Textures and I still seem to get frequent, random freezing and crashing. I can't play longer than 5-10 minutes as of now without crashing to desktop, freezing after walking through a door, opening a container or even just walking around indoors or outdoors. Here's my current load order

Fallout3.esm

PointLookout.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

Zeta.esm

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Broken Steel.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Point Lookout.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Mothership Zeta.esp

FollowersHireContinued-KarmaCheck-NoCharismaCheck-NoCountCheck.esp

GaussRifleRepairFix.esp

Fellout-Full.esp

Fellout-Anchorage.esp

Fellout-BrokenSteel.esp

Fellout-PointLookout.esp

Fellout-pipboylight.esp

Total active plugins: 20

Total plugins: 20

Did you update the game itself? Or are you using the GOTY edition (I think that's updated to 1.7 iirc).

It might be hardware/software related too. System not overheating? Drivers updated? Have you tried playing Fallout 3 in windowed mode? Turned off background apps etc.?

Also make sure that the archives you downloaded aren't corrupted.

Did you update the game itself? Or are you using the GOTY edition (I think that's updated to 1.7 iirc).

It might be hardware/software related too. System not overheating? Drivers updated? Have you tried playing Fallout 3 in windowed mode? Turned off background apps etc.?

Also make sure that the archives you downloaded aren't corrupted.

I'm using the original F3 that was first released way back then. I installed, then updated directly to the Official 1.7 patch, installed all the DLCs, then the Unofficial F3 Patch (1.2.0 I believe) and went on to install everything else.

I highly doubt my hardware is the issue. Drivers are updated, never have but 1 or 2 apps running in the background while playing. I never tried playing F3 in a window, would that do any good?

As for the mod archives, are you referring to the 7zip or RAR files? If so, none of them are corrupt.

I think it's really stupid that some people run significantly more mods than I do and crash once in a blue moon, while I run very few mods and crash every 10 minutes.

From the Fellout download page on Nexus:

Fellout for Operation Anchorage does not need any other mods, not even Fellout.

Fellout for Broken Steel requires Fellout 1.0.11 or above.

Caution: If GfWL is managing your DLCs, Fellout's add-ons for them cannot work and will cause instability

From the Fellout readme 1.0.16 R2:

DLCs: fellout-anchorage.esp is optional for Operation Anchorage. fellout-BrokenSteel.esp is

necessary for Broken Steel. There is no Fellout version for The Pitt, it's simply unnecessary.

This is quite confusing. I've used Fellout and UF3P myself and had no issues with it. Although I do not use any of the DLCs. Have the same original Fallout 3 from way back. :)

Try taking off fellout-anchorage.esp and then fellout-pointlookout.esp.

Is Games for Windows Live managing your DLCs (The solution is to have FOMM manage the DLCs, not GfWL.)?

Also you did put the textures folder from the fellout mod archive into the data directory?

And toggled archive invalidation?

And you didn't install it to c:\program files\ right?

Does the game run fine without Fellout?

IIRC UF3P was created for Fallout 3 pre 1.7 patch. Some people suggest still using it as it's supposed to fix still some things gone wrong. I use it and run F3 fine. You could of course try installing the official 1.7 patch after UF3P patch and see if it helps.

I'm starting to draw a blank here. Haven't any other ideas to suggest at this moment. Sorry.

From the Fellout download page on Nexus:

Fellout for Operation Anchorage does not need any other mods, not even Fellout.

Fellout for Broken Steel requires Fellout 1.0.11 or above.

Caution: If GfWL is managing your DLCs, Fellout's add-ons for them cannot work and will cause instability

From the Fellout readme 1.0.16 R2:

DLCs: fellout-anchorage.esp is optional for Operation Anchorage. fellout-BrokenSteel.esp is

necessary for Broken Steel. There is no Fellout version for The Pitt, it's simply unnecessary.

This is quite confusing. I've used Fellout and UF3P myself and had no issues with it. Although I do not use any of the DLCs. Have the same original Fallout 3 from way back. :)

Try taking off fellout-anchorage.esp and then fellout-pointlookout.esp.

Is Games for Windows Live managing your DLCs (The solution is to have FOMM manage the DLCs, not GfWL.)?

Also you did put the textures folder from the fellout mod archive into the data directory?

And toggled archive invalidation?

And you didn't install it to c:\program files\ right?

Does the game run fine without Fellout?

IIRC UF3P was created for Fallout 3 pre 1.7 patch. Some people suggest still using it as it's supposed to fix still some things gone wrong. I use it and run F3 fine. You could of course try installing the official 1.7 patch after UF3P patch and see if it helps.

I'm starting to draw a blank here. Haven't any other ideas to suggest at this moment. Sorry.

All the DLCs were installed via disc and I use FOMM to manage mods - so should I still only remove fellout-annchorage.esp and fellout-pointlooks.esp?

-I did install the textures main Fellout archive to the Data folder.

-I applied Archive Invalidation after installing everything.

-I didn't install ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated seperately, it came with the UF3P if I remember correctly.

-I'm testing to see what happens with fellout-anchorage.esp and fellout-pointlookout.esp uninstalled (even though I'm not using GFWL).

I also installed Fallout 3, all the DLCs, then the Official 1.7 patch and finally, the latest U3FP last. Was doing it like that incorrect?

Update: Uninstalling anchorage.esp and pointlookout.esp for Fellout did nothing it seems, crashed within 5 minutes of loading up my game.