Astronomy

Illiad86

Woo Hoo those are AWESOME!! Especially the animated one and the sun. I love seeing your work, knowing you took the pics yourself, is uber kewl! :thumbsup:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Ah..finally after a bazillion nasty cloudy nights, we got a picture of Orion a week or so ago...finally took it off my boyfriend's computer lol

Transparency was very poor...only good night we've had in a long while. If it was better, the picture wouldn't be nearly as blurry.

He got to use his dew heater he got for Christmas though...the mirror didn't frost up once :D Our DSLR got pretty frosty haha, will have to get a heater strip for that now. The gears in the telescope got a little frozen, have to re-grease them with more "cold friendly" grease.

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv200/Illiana86/m42.jpg

He got about 100 shots, but all of 5 did not trail....so here's the 5 stacked. An autoguider is the next thing on our list...cost about $400 to get a nice setup though :( Dang stuff has to be so expensive.

We were going to go out after he came home from work. He now works 2nd shift (3p.m.-1a.m.), so it works out pretty well as Saturn is up in the early morning. But the weather is going to be terrible...30+mph winds with -30 wind chills, no fun.

Edited by Illiad86

That is really something! So beautiful. I'm jealous :yes:

Once I got my ex-fiance a pretty nice telescope for Christmas, cause he said he'd always wanted one as a boy. I don't think he ever even took the thing out of the box. I wish I had it now, I'd be out there. I try to take pics with my camera. It's a good one, but at night, the zoom just isn't strong enough to take fotos like the ones you do. Nice! :thumbsup:

Good lord!

Lucky you, I was saving up for one of those but thought "f--- it. There're better things to spend money on". But of course if you have money to spend then it's fine. :)

I've always loved Astronomy and I wish I could do this.

No way man lol. Best money we have ever spent ever IMO. It's so fun :D You can get a pretty decent setup with a computerized mount for $300-500USD actually.

We don't take pictures with the actual lens on the camera, Tee. We take the lens off and hook it directly up the telescope. So, the telescope is it's lens now :D A 2800mm f/10 lens :P You move the primary mirror on the scope to focus.

We were going to go out last night...but it was like -20 outside lol. Looks like another week of cloudy weather too :( Ah well, good old weatherman always lie lol, so we'll see.

Edited by Illiad86

• 4 weeks later...

Oops wrong thread, just browsing. Interesting though.

i was going to post something here but changes my mind and headed to the las poster wins instead.

Edited by Thor.

• 2 weeks later...

Woot! We finally got outside last night :D First clear night in ages it seems. It was pretty cold out, so we didn't get too much, but we got our first Saturn of the season :D

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv200/Illiana86/out_249.jpg

This came out so nice. It was kinda windy and the seeing wasn't all that great, so we were quite surprised at the end result.

The rings have spread out a lot since we last took a picture, you can see the Cassini Division and everything!

Dunno if you guys keep up with news about Saturn, but you see that big white smudge on the top there? It's a huge storm. It's been on there for a few months now.