Another note on site security, your security, and a malware email doing the rounds

Dark0ne

In response to post #15568240.

There isn't always a news flash for every little NMM update around here.
As far as I know the NMM hosted here was never affected by any of this or messed with in any way.

On the contrary, if the actual NMM downloadable from here "was" infected and this was a known issue, it would've been taken down already and there definitely would be a news flash about it then!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was downloading a few weeks ago from nexus (honestly can't remember the download I was trying to get) but now I can't download anything. It pops up with the download notification saying you need these other mods, that's not new to me. What is new to me is the download is not going to the nmm? Any suggestions?

That is actually a fairly new feature to let you know if some other mods are required for that mod.

Bben46

I think our community can start a trend to stop these attacks! Maybe I'm wrong in thinking this but the attacker(s) seem to be trying to spam us. I understand that they could get our credit card info, but is that what is going on here? If it is just a virus to put more ads in front of our faces, I think we can stop it. Those who do get infected could post the names of the companies that our advertising this way. If we all took a couple of seconds to email said companies to let them know we will never use there services as a result of this. Well, I believe we could start a trend that could spread quicker then these viruses. I want to do something! Dark One and his staff have been doing all the heavy lifting, I want to help, this is all I could come up with to protect my brothers and sisters. Like I said maybe I'm wrong and I'm not seeing the whole picture behind these attacks. But if I'm right then I know our community could not only make the Nexus better but the whole internet.

They cannot get your credit card info from The Nexus because that info is not stored here. :cool:

But yes, keep us informed of any company that is abusing the advertising so we can get rid of them. :thumbsup:

Bben46

Hi,

most important to me, that you/the team inform the users unreservedly. That applies for your "security advice" as well, imo (security has not been and will not be "convenient" and therefore it often is negligented - I do not exclude myself in this point :-( ).

Thank you.