Another note on site security, your security, and a malware email doing the rounds

Dark0ne

heya .

wondering : when NMM is running and i want to upgrade to the latest version (50.3), it only updates to the version 50.1 . So should i panic ?

edit : i found . sry for disturb, wrong place etc .

lov u, great job

Edited by RobbinTheHood

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #15571860. #15573005, #15579840, #15580325, #15580350 are all replies on the same post.

Yeah the virus came from the phishing site not the nmm download, sounds like th ehacker then changed his tactics afterward

Dark0ne I'm pretty sure that all of us here on the Nexus are grateful to you for looking out for our cyber safety that said take your time eradicating these petty annoyances and problems that come from people that want to do things the easy and crooked way, we put our faith in you because you have looked after us and ensured our safety to the best of your ability along with all the other staff and for that you have my thanks and all of the Nexus' thanks.

In response to post #15597660.

As far as the admins know the site is clean... there could always be a malicious file in a mod but as long as your mod you download doesnt have .exe or .dll the mod is fine. If you find a mod with that contact an admin so they can get rid of the mod. I dought now there is infected files but as long as you are carefull at what you download you will be safe.

In response to post #15592225.

No 0.50.3 is safe. The problem with NMM was a fake version that when you installed it it would install malware. This fake nmm was sent by a download link by email. As long as you download NMM from this site you will be fine.

Hope I helped
Space

Thanks, Dark0ne for keeping us all up to date on what's happening. It's such a shame that people are so evil as to attack a good, generally supportive community like what we have. On the other hand I suppose it is a statement to just how widely known and respected the community is.

And just in case I haven't said it before thank you for all the hard work and hours and money and blood, sweat and tears you and others have shed and devoted to the Nexus site because it is immensely appreciated. This is a place where we can find friends, help and game enhancements that is like no other. What you do is no small thing.

Thank you.