Another note on site security, your security, and a malware email doing the rounds

Dark0ne

I wish there was a kudos or like button for this post. I appreciate the levels of dedication your team shows Dark0ne. I'll never understand the haters on you or the Nexus in general but I've never had issues. The only problem (A minor one really.) is the threads made every time a user is banned. It doesn't bother me that much since I really never use the forums but I just don't get the reason beyond announcing who got banned recently. Does it serve a purpose? Really, I'm curious the purpose of it.

Anyway, again thank you for all you do.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F***ing hackers... when will they ever stop! luckily i have no signs of being compromised but i still hate to hear of people exploiting video game mods to try to steal from others. I'm very happy that you are taking responsibility and i do appreciate all you guys do to make this site as safe as possible its a huge thing to me that you guys care about whats going on, on your sites and not just ignoring it.

Lets all hope this hacking stops,

Space

In response to post #15549630. #15553345 is also a reply to the same post.

well depending on how good the hacker/hackers are they can also access other accounts to and steal almost anything that you've put on your computer. as long as you have a antivirus you should be fine but day one attacks might get through so just be careful when modding cause nomater how safe you think things are this proves they arent but nexus has proven to be good at alerting us but it never hurts to be over cautious on mods you download.(not saying all mods are bad just a few f***ers mess things up for the rest of us)

Nexus has been my Mecca for modding ever since I first burst into the PC gaming scene. I've honestly never looked back at consoles since switching, because mods, particularly mods that come from here make it all worth it. But honestly what the hell do these f**k wads have to gain from digitally trashing up Nexus?! Seriously whoever the hell you guys are, go send your trashy viruses to a bank or something, where you'll actually gain something with your stupidity, and leave Nexus alone.

In response to post #15539130. #15541620, #15543885, #15552060 are all replies on the same post.

i say scan with antivirus you cant go wrong. best one that ive found to catch even day one threats(threats that are new and usually undiscovered) is malwarebytes. if no threats are detected you are most likely safe and shouldn't worry(i say most likely because no antivirus is perfect and they can always miss things but thats normally the newest malware not ones over 1 week old.)

In response to post #15558060.

i know how you feel. leave the good things alone and go hack something else or go work for a government agency so you can legally hack criminals!! like really why hack the general public when you can hack criminals and do it legally!

I launch Skyrim (in NMM) with the skse option and it says under publisher, unknown. When I open NMM it say black tree.. I ran a Full System and no viruses or anything wrong.. Do you think i have a problem with it?

Edited by Baister88