Custom HUD

buggaby

I've searched around the Nexus and found lots of photos demonstrating one mod or another, but often, the person seems to have a custom hud (displaying karma and other information). I can't seem to find an actual mod for it though. Am I missing something?

I've searched around the Nexus and found lots of photos demonstrating one mod or another, but often, the person seems to have a custom hud (displaying karma and other information). I can't seem to find an actual mod for it though. Am I missing something?

You're probably looking for the DarNified UI. It allows you to customise the elements on the HUD. I think this is the newest version: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=984736.

Enjoy :)

Thanks, guys. I have installed this mod and I really like the improvement. It's true, computers and consoles have different display requirements...

However, all that has changed for me is the font and stuff, but with some other examples, there is different information presented on the HUD. (i.e. Example Pic, note the meter for radiation, karma, experience, time...) Is this possible to get by manipulating DUIF3Settings.xml?

OK, so I downloaded fose and successfully started the game with it. I loaded a game, played for a bit, saved a few times, exited, tried again... but I don't see a new menu item. I edited the DUIF3Settings file, and the corresponding changes made it to the game when I loaded it again. Does it matter that I downloaded fose after having "installed" the UI? Other than that, I don't know what is not working. The UI I downloaded was from the link posted above by Skotte.

Alpha 1.1 is the latest version.

If you have FOSE installed, just load a save game, press esc button, you'll see DUI3 button on the right side. Click it then edit until your heart is content. My opinion, editing xml gives you more freedom in editing HUD (for those more experience in editing stuff), with FOSE DUI3 allows you access to quick menu to edit hud ( not all options available, for people who are new/lazy to edit xml file).

I have attached a screen shot of the menu I see from a saved game. As you can see, it is unchanged except for the DUI Interface head on the bottom left.

Actually, I'm beginning to wonder if the mods I want are even possible with this Darnified mod. I am looking for the meters for karma, experience, time etc. to be static on. I am assuming that the new menu item just plays with the .xml file. There is no reference in that file to those meters (except for experience, but that one isn't static on, and there's no option I see to make it so) so even if I had that menu item, it doesn't appear that it would have the options I am looking for. I don't mind editing the .xml file instead of using the menu, but I just can't see the functionality I want there. Maybe I'm not reading something correct?

Thanks for all the help so far :)

Darn's UI is what you're looking for, the karma, xp statics, etc...

Something is definitely wrong. Are you using 1.1alpha, you can check by scrolling mouse to bottom left screen, point at the vault dude's head. I know in the previous versions you don't get the edit menu when you pause game. Try reinstalling, go for the FOMM package manager instead of the manual one.