SKSE Random and Game Breaking Lag

CaptainChaos

Ok ... I had an earlier post, but I identified the problem and a partial solution that does not go far enough.

Problem: I experience terrible game breaking lag with SKSE - BUT - only randomly. Sometimes, not all the time, when I interact with chests, vendors, or various menu screens (like Skills), all of the sudden the game gets laggy. I don't get this if I start the game through Vanilla or even NMM. And, I did a completely clean uninstall/reinstall with NO OTHER MODS. It is not predictable. It could work well for an hour or for 2 minutes. It does NOT happen when I run, fight, or walk around - only during interactions with game menus.

Partial Sollution: Alt-tabbing seems to fix it right away. Unfortunately, I have another issue that when I alt tab back, often the mouse cursor comes back with it, so that i have too cursors on the screen.

If anyone knows of a real and permanent solution, I really would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Get a fake fullscreen mod or enb. You could just get ENBoost and set it to force borderless which should fix those two issue as well as improve performance. ENBoost is an enb but not a preset so it doesn't really change the look but will improve performance. Those tweaks might actually be included in the new binaries for ENB so you could just download them if you want and just change the settings for [Window].

Enboost - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38649/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D38649&pUp=1

Using only Boost from and ENB will disable all the extras...(use only speed hack).

But Using An ENB will ...

Allow Full screen borderless mode...(major improvement )

Fix the Double cursor bug...

Allow ALT TAB on a constant basis.

I really appreciate the responses. I really appreciate it.

I may yet try this, but these fixes look very complicated. I never used ENB before and it looks like it is very easy to screw something up. Also, my research on ENB says a lot of people experience frame rate drops as much as 50% which sounds kinda bad.

Is there any simple way to check this stuff out and if I don't like it unistall it? I guess NMM won't be able to just unpack and active the mod, huh?

Thanks again.

OneTweak (www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40706/) provides the ability to Alt Tab without issues. It has also borderless window, it does require skse though. Use OneTweak instead, just in case messing with ENB boost seems too daunting for you. As far as your main issue I don't know. Maybe you did not install skse correctly?