obmm won't appear

joefantana

i was playing everything fine one night, but when i went to sleep and came back the next day and tried to play obmm wouldn't show up. so i tried poening it again and the message saying only one instance of obmm can run at a time so i went to the task manager and the process was running but just not showing up. also most of my other programs started to run really slow i did a virus scan but didn't find anything. can someone please help me?

i use it for my mods and a lot of those mods need obse. also, that won't run on it's own, it only ran when obmm ran it. and my original launcher doesn't let me disable mods for whatever reason so i can't turn them off at all without the mod manager so it is actually neccesary

It sounds as if OBMM may be running in the background instead of foreground. Some programs automatically grab the foreground and do not allow anything else on top - such as Windows Task Manager. If you have any program that you have set to always be on top, that can cover it up also. What else are you running at the same time?

Try running in full screen mode instead of windowed.

BTW, OBSE has a launcher that should have been installed with it. You can use that launcher to start the game, bypassing OBMM if you do not need to make any changes in load order etc.

the first time it didn't come up i had a lot of things open like firefox, the task manager,and the folder. after then i restarted my computer and went right to the folder and tried nothing else was open and it still wouldn't come up. also, when i try to use the obse launcher it sits there for about a minute and says timeout couldn't inject dll, then i have to close it. i don't know if this will make a difference or not but, the game is in two different places one was installed normally, then i had to reformat and it was places in a "windows.old" folder that the reformat made, it still ran fine. i just reinstalled it again.

i use it for my mods and a lot of those mods need obse. also, that won't run on it's own, it only ran when obmm ran it.

OBSE comes with its own launcher, that runs independently of OBMM. Everything you've got running through OBMM continues to run in the game whether you start with OBMM, or not. Just check your OBSE download, and look for a file marked "OBSE loader." That's the one you want to use.

If you haven't already, I strongly suggest reading the OBSE readme.

i don't mean for this to sound... mean but did you read my other reply? the obse wouldn't launch the game either it said that it couldn't inject the dll. but it started working after i installed the game again don't understand why but obse started working again in both places. but, obmm still won't work and i really liked using that it made alot of things easier, is there anyway of making that run again?

i don't mean for this to sound... mean but did you read my other reply? the obse wouldn't launch the game either it said that it couldn't inject the dll. but it started working after i installed the game again don't understand why but obse started working again in both places. but, obmm still won't work and i really liked using that it made alot of things easier, is there anyway of making that run again?

A couple of things:

It wouldn't be a bad idea to get and run CCleaner if you don't already have it.

I saw this problem before and I believe I fixed it by searching the registry for Oblivion.exe and renaming the old installation path to the new one.

i downloaded and ran ccleaner i guess i had a bunch of registry problems or something, there were two at the bottom that said obmmsetup.exe.tmp i think. it was a mui thing, i clicked to fix all then tried it out it still wouldn't come up, process still runs but that's all.

You cannot have 2 copies of the game on your computer. Parts are installed in the Windows registry that tell things where to look for their files. It sounds like some things are looking in one place and others in another. I recommend completely uninstalling both copies and starting over.

Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall article. http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=240

You already have ccleaner, but you will still have to run it exactly like the article says. After uninstalling, reboot. run the ccleaner, then reboot again.

Since you have 2 copies, you may have to delete everything manually in one of them to completely uninstall, then reboot and run the ccleaner again

Let us know what happens.