Warhammer Mod

clockout1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, good luck then. If you want to see it in game with a quick and dirty texture then

in the UV map view go to UVs > Scripts > Save UV Face Layout and it'll export the UV

map as a .tga file.

Convert it to .dds with GIMP and make a normal map with GIMP's normal

map plugin and you can drop it in game and go admire it.

And good work, again. :thumbsup:

Im not very good at AI im afraid....

With regards to Warhammer lore.. what exactly are you after? What areas do you plan to make? I could give you some information regarding specific lords/rulers/mages etc of specific armies.. pictures of them and some background info.. with regards to environment pictures I do have many books I could scan a page or two in you would be welcome to a copy of :)

Whats the actual plan for this mod? its a TC or not?

ENightmare45:

According to the now presumed dead creator of this idea, "I figured Norland, Ostland and Middenland, maybe as far west as Marienburg, east as far as Erengrad. That river being the southern border."

Using this map: http://www.whitedragoninn.com/empire.jpg/e...-full;init:.jpg

Anything about the game in general would be appreciated.

Well for starters here is a better map you may find useful

http://nexusx.wanadooadsl.net/ayudas/Warhammer_World_Map.jpg

It shows more regions including Norsca (and kinda the Chaos Wastes, I collect Chaos so wouldn't want them omitted! hahaha)

Creating an interior? Not sure if I understand what you are asking for exactly BUT if I think I know...

Open Toolset (obviously haha), World, Cells, (right click and select "New") then its a case of just building the layout and linking the doorways teleport..

I found these quick tutorials

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbscAK3gQ8A

...that's a lot of cells...

I'm not sure if this is a total conversion or not...at the moment, I guess you could expect at least the land and cities from Warhammer, but sort of filled in with Middle Ages type stuff.

But if I did want to do this, I NEED HELP!!!!

Well I am willing to help where I can :) Like I said I am not an expert with the toolset but I know my way around it more or less and have played with nifscope etc.. I actually have started a little mod myself, just a new city area, also very much in the starters stages!! But not bad for 2 hours work.. I have all day tomorrow to work on it further (After Krav Maga, 10am until 1:30pm.. im gona be shattered so all I will wana do is sit down! So sat at computer sounds about right! hahahaha)

Are you any good at making town exteriors? Because as you probably noticed, I'm working on some new models for towns. If you could build a town out of them when I'm done, that would be appreciated.

EDIT: Could anyone find me some pics of lower class houses in the Middle Ages, or some from Warhammer?

Town exteriors? Yeh I don't see why not :)

Check this

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=185728

I have included my esp file if you wana download it and check it out. You will need Shivering Isles installed though. There is a doorway in.. Anvil I think, its written where on the link I posted above, that takes you to something I have just started. Its VERY roughly done!! I only spent 2 hours on it or so.. but I will be working on it more tonight so will post a better version tomorrow. Object placement and design of a town is easy enough.. adding "warps/transitions" from outdoor to indoor is easy too.. its just the more complicated scripts I have not really delved into much.. but I learn a little more about the script each time I use the toolset, plus I have Fallout 3 as well and have been playing with that toolset too, which is more or less the same!

With regards to artwork of medieval towns.. when I get home tonight I will have a look through the warhammer armies books I have and Black Library books etc and see what sort of stuff I have.. I also have a whole bunch of ebooks for warhammer/warhammer 40k I can use as reference as well.. I will scan some stuff in.. but I wont be online tomorrow as I have the gym in the morning and I live in the countryside so no internet at home.. but means I have all afternoon/evening to work on stuff offline without any distraction.