Fallout 3 is crashing when I save

joe2006

Every time I save in a certain spots the game crashes. I have saved in an area in front of Rivet City and it crashes when I do. Now I am in the Jefferson Memorial and it keeps crashing every time I go in the sewer where I turn the Valve and see the Enclave arrive I cannot save without it crashing. I tried disabling all the mods except the dlcs and the unofficial patches but it still crashes. Here are all the mods I am using.

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Broken Steel.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Point Lookout.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Mothership Zeta.esp

UPP - Pack 1.esp

UPP - Pack 2.esp

UPP - Original Perks.esp

UPP - Experience Perks.esp

UPP - Quest Perks.esp

UPP - Beverage Perks.esp

SCC - Talk to Anyone.esp

MoreMapMarkers.esp

MaxLevelWorkaround-HP-BS.esp

BuildableBots v0.3a.esp

RobCo Certified.esp

Owned!.esp

MZAllAccessPass.esp

EnclaveCommander-OA-Pitt-Steel.esm

Sharing and Caring Companions.esm

CRI-Squad-new.esp

FollowerAmata.esp

UniqueWeapons.esp

Dree Perks.esp

Item Room.esp

DTOMRC3.esp

Human Catapult.esp

2nd Home at Tenpennys [Engl].esp

FollowersHire.esp

PersonalTerminal.esp

Weight.esp

suitcase_nuke.esp

ZetaEnableSomahPaulson.esp

richvendors.esp

It might be a mod conflict. If you re-check the bug section for unofficial patch, many of the users complained about the same thing. I'm uncertain about this but I think the patch replaces most of the game files, even after unchecking it, it is still applied. The best thing you can do is to reinstall Fallout 3 without using that patch.

• 3 weeks later...

Then play?

Master update will turn your esps into masters. It fixes the crash on save issue every time. The suicide trick mentioned above is a workaround but it only lasts for one session. You don't have to step on a mine or a grenade, going to console and typing player.kill works just as well.

see my other post....it doesnt always fix it.....now from the looks of things it seems like maby there is more ta do after just running the update....but not understanding what to do...or how to or who to ask or ? ? ?

i feel like a blind man inna dark room looking for a black cat that isnt there........but dont get me wrong....everything was working way better than when i started ofcourse....i went on playing for a while with my issue not happening...but eventually it always happens but i think there is more to it than just running tha update.....especially since the so called for noobs but really isnt inscructions go on explaining things after run the update.....but it gets pretty confusing

and i know its possible for people to assume up the wrong things after reading words onna screen and not actually hearing a person talk....im not getting on anyones case for just saying "run it then play all good" type of stuff.....just saying the inscructions seem to show there was more ta do....i even think i did more myself than just run it and play