Trouble installing blender nif scripts

Zerin99

I'm new to moding. I tried downloading blender nif scripts and it tells me I need to download PyFFI. when I try downloading that I get this message.

Blenders user data files (such as scripts) do not reside in blenders installation directory. Blender will sometimes only find it scripts if blenders user data files reside in blenders installation directory.

Do you wish to abort installation and first reinstall blender?

I tried reinstalling blender and I get the same thing. Can anyone give me any advice?

I do have blender 2.7 and 2.49 installed on my computer could that have anything to do with it? Thanks.

I do have blender 2.7 and 2.49 installed on my computer could that have anything to do with it? Thanks.

Yes, that is probably your problem, The current NifScripts only work with Blender 2.49. There is also an installation procedure you must follow to get everything working together.

First, download and install Python 2.65

Second, download and install Blender 2.49

Third, download and install PYFFI 2.1.5

Fourth, download and install NifScripts 2.5.5

Fifth and final, download and install NifSkope 1.1.3

Hope this helps.

Python's website wants me to download 2.6.8 because 6.6 has been replaced with 6.8 security fix only.

Will 6.8 still work or should I download 6.6?

I have no idea. What I posted previously is what I use. I did not know there was a security fix. The only thing I can say is, try it and see. The worst that could happen is a crash and you would have to uninstall and get the other version.

Thanks for the help so far. I got everything downloaded except nifskope. every time I try to download version 1.0.22 my computer tells me Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. I can download later versions just fine. So I'm not sure what my problem is.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for the help so far. I got everything downloaded except nifskope. every time I try to download version 1.0.22 my computer tells me Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. I can download later versions just fine. So I'm not sure what my problem is.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Use this link for NifSkope and download 1.1.3 http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/NifSkope

That version is really old.

I would advise using this version - NifSkope - 1.2a1 Preview

Although the link to to one of our developers builds, the code has been merged to the official repo, just that we haven't gotten around to doing an official build yet.

Otherwise I suspect that its a UAC problem, but there are several versions inbetween so could be any number of reasons which may have been fixed in between.

Edited by neomonkeus