new vegas info

GETbacon

I'm curious about that robot. Not in the "lol tv robot lolol" sort of way, but in the "let's analyze the hell out of this" kind of way. For one, what is he doing? People seem to think he's scavenging, but he seems intent more on moving sand than recovering items. Second, he is singularly ineffective at that task. Those grabber claws are terrible scoops.

From first glance, my guess would be the robot is not scavenging, but doing a fairly poor job of burying the body there. It reaches to one side, scoops a tiny bit of dirt, and moves to toward the center-mass area of the body we can just barely make out in the video.

• 1 month later...
I am highly skeptical of this game. A new (yes I know the original) developer who hasn't used the Gamebryo engine? I never played the first Fallout games, I like Bethesda games more than 'Fallout' per say. I hope I am wrong but I predict a ton of bugs and problems due to their lack of experience with the engine.

I am highly skeptical of this game. A new (yes I know the original) developer who hasn't used the Gamebryo engine? I never played the first Fallout games, I like Bethesda games more than 'Fallout' per say. I hope I am wrong but I predict a ton of bugs and problems due to their lack of experience with the engine.

I wont worry about the bugs, going off of my experience with NWN 2 Obsidian had pretty good patch support there instead of having patches mostly for prepping for the DLC like beth did with FO3. And I'm sure Bethesda & maybe even Emergent is available to help if Obsidian has trouble understanding anything about the Gamebryo engine.

ATM, I'm looking forward to getting New Vegas but I will wait abit to see about the DRM included (if any).

This looks pretty cool. I didn't know Bethesda was no longer working on the Fallout games and that Obsidian were the new crew in town. Very interesting.

So, is this supposed to be classified as an expansion ala Broken Steel, or a brand new game?

Speaking of expansions, as someone who hasn't yet played any of the 5 DLCs for F3, which is biggest one in terms of content?

This looks pretty cool. I didn't know Bethesda was no longer working on the Fallout games and that Obsidian were the new crew in town. Very interesting.

So, is this supposed to be classified as an expansion ala Broken Steel, or a brand new game?

<SNIP>

Obsidian is only working on this particular Fallout. And it's not an an expansion. Actually Broken Steel isn't considered an expansion either, it was a DLC. Fallout 3 didn't get an expansion