Do I have a chance of getting through Oblivion?

Kasey24

One of the only reasons to enter Oblivion gates (apart from when you're past lv.20 and the Sigil stones are actually worth collecting), is:

Hatreds Soul

It's the single most powerful bow (arguable weapon) in the game.

If you know exactly which of the... I think four, static oblivion worlds it lies in, you can save yourself some exploration points, however even i knowing which land of Oblivion it lies in, it's still hard to find (if you don't know how).

It's a very.. well... neat.. bow. ^-^

And yes, the "ring of perfection" is pretty nice...

but a fair warning.. every item other than Hatreds Soul is leveled with you.

So if you go shopping all around the Imperial District at Level 1, you'll see those "hands of the Atronach"... if you've opened his merchant window at lv.1, those hands willl be crappy... if you open up his shop window (IE make them spawn) when you're level 15 or up.. they become more powerful.

This is the only reason I 'level grind' Oblivion. I think some items should be strong, and STATIC, in the game.. certain items, in my mind, SHOULD not be 'leveled'..

so I level grind and 'then' shop around so that the items I feel should be, are.

Two mods you might want to check out which don't change any of the game content, leveled lists, quests or anything, but do change two things that will transform the game forever:

Perfect Working No Quest Markers

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8680

Makes all the quest marker graphics completely invisible. Now you have to actually look for things instead of God telling you where to go.

Automatic Difficulty Increaser

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=28589

If you don't think choosing how hard something should be is realistic or immersive, don't worry about it ever again! This mod, which needs script extender, will raise the slider as you progress. You can set the minimum, maximum, and various other values in an .ini file. Play with different settings until you find what makes the most sense to you, and then stick with your decision. The game will adjust itself accordingly and you will be forced to deal with harder monsters rather than just turning down the slider. You can find Script Extender here: http://obse.silverlock.org

you can kill anything in vanilla while being lvl 1 except Umbra, so don't worry

Actually Umbra *can* be killed at Lv.1.. it's hard to do, but you can do it. lead Umbra to the toxic gas room, and use a lot of shield potions and 'restore health' potions. If you stand in the right spot, Umbra will die due to breathing toxic gas and you can avoid the "your murder has been witnessed by forces unseen" message, and allowing Umbra to be killed by His own folly *(well Him or Her, Umbra when through a Sex change between Morrowind and Oblivion *wink* )

If it gets too bad Kasey just use a cheat code

in your console type

advskill (skillname here) 30

or the level number you want.

I like to enjoy my games rather than suffer through them the hard way. I just simply dont have the time to play hours on end trying to level up when I work all day.

Games are meant to be enjoyed. if your arnt enjoying yourself then do something else or find a way to enjoy it^^

For me cheat codes likehavng Horedes of money to buy anything I wanted was the the way to go.

player.asdditem 000000f 900000

thats enough gold to last ya 3 lifetimes^^

Dont suffer through it. Enjoy it