Could someone please tell me what is going on with these companion mods.o

Joshua96Guest

I have go the following comapnion mods:

Sergeant RL-3

Alpha Male Deathclaw companion

Companion Rat

Stings the Cazador

problem

When i play a save Stings always gets attacked by all my companions and i have tried reloading a save and unticking the box but still does the same thing. I don't know whats going on. Should I message the uploader to look at the mod or what?

It's actually most likely that Stings is in a faction, which the other companions don't like. If you have a GECK, then I would be happy to tell you how to check, and then fix this issue.

I have uninstalled the mod and then reinstalled it. It seems he isn't been attacked at the moment but I think it shouldn't happen again but, EsvDefcon, I will be more than grateful if you could tell me how to do it because I am new to the modding scene. Thanks.

Sure thing. So, basically, you want to open up the GECK. If you've never used it before, then go to file>data... and select only falloutnv.esm, and the mods that you want to edit (you can scroll down and find their .esp files. If you wanted to combine all of them into one follower mod, it would be possible, you'd just have to save all of your changes into one plugin file (you CAN'T upload this to the Nexus, though, not without the mod authors' permission). Anyway, you want to set one of them as your active file (you'll have to do this one at a time). Then, you're going to have to search for the NPC/Creature. I an't be of much help here, but basically just go to the windows on the left, type in their name, and select all in the list of categories below the search bar (select all at the end, or it'll search all of Fallout NV's stuff, and likely take about 20 seconds to load up). Once you've found the npc/creature or whatever you're editing, go to it's AI Data tab and set it's aggression to anything you like. Unaggressive means that it won't fight back, aggressive means that it will fight back, very aggressive means that it'll start attacking anything hostile, and frenzied means that it'll kill the hell out of anything that it sees. You need to find it's faction next (check the tabs at the top), and remove any factions that it's in (unless they've got something to do with the mod). Then, add a new faction. You could add it to the playerfaction, or make an entirely new one. I'd recommend doing this for all 3 companion/follower mods, and then adding them all to the PlayerFaction. Then, just save the mods (individually|), load them up ingame, and have fun with your 3 new friends, who now shouldn't try to maim each other. Hope this helps :)

• 2 weeks later...