Crashing after launch

ElfridFox

Indeed, but I should be able to play on low quality, I still think its something else though after all the random searching I did last night. Heck I can play oblivion on rather high quality without any difficulty, a little lag in large crowds of people around town but that's about it. Even people with much better specs then I encounter this very identical problem, always on winxp though it works in their laptops or other comps with vista.

Indeed, but I should be able to play on low quality, with vista.

interestingly enough your video card does not seem to be in the list of supported video cards

usually this list is made for a reason.

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/info/faq.html

leading back to my previous post

maybe you should search out that research project and see what they came up with.

BTW by reading the numbers carefully,

your video card does not meet minimum requirements for this game

Radeon xpress 200 series

126mb ram

minimum:

•Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6800 or better/ATI X850 or better)

seems to fall short on 2 counts

insufficient video memory

and

unsupported chipset.

I know that, but I'm just saying I think I'd be able to play at least laggily on low settings like I have on other games i don't meet minimum reqs on.

And its still weird that it crashes first thing in the same way it does for other people who do fit the bill on min reqs. Not trying to argue with you, I know my graphic card stinks.