Key Binding

TheNukaDude

I'm just wondering if it is possible to change the default "A" Take All and the default "E" End keys? (see image) I know that the space bar can be used as the "end" key.

The reason I ask is that I use my rat with my left hand as I'm a SP and the # pad on my KB, to do most everything else. I'm just tired of having to use the default keys, "A" and "E", and would like to use keys closer to the # pad.

As far as I know, it is not possible to change the "A" and "E" key for those, not even in the setting menu. The only way to do so is to have a key binding script. I'm not an experience scripter, hopefully someone nice would take notice and make a mod that allows key binding to these.

As far as I know, it is not possible to change the "A" and "E" key for those, not even in the setting menu. The only way to do so is to have a key binding script. I'm not an experience scripter, hopefully someone nice would take notice and make a mod that allows key binding to these.

OK, thanks for that. I know nothing of scripting myself. And it would be nice for some type of something to change this. It would cut down so much time for me while I'm in menus and the such.

This can also be trivially done with a third-party program called AutoHotkey.

Download, install, and run it. It will prompt you to create the default script. Say yes. It'll then open the script in notepad.

Add these lines

x::e

y::a

to the script, replacing x and y with whatever key you wish to use. You can delete the rest of the script if you want, most of it is comments to tell you how it works. Save the file and close notepad. Before launching fallout, remember to launch AutoHotkey. After exiting Fallout, remember to right click the AutoHotkey icon in your system try and exit it.

Not quite the same as an actual mod for Fallout, but should be good enough til someone makes one for you, and you may find other uses for it.

Thanks, that is pretty nifty.

Is there any way to bind to the # pad? I set it up as this:

e::9

x::8

a::7

It works great if I use the # keys above the letter keys, but it doesn't seem to work with the actual # pad or with insert, home, page up, page down, delete, end.

Number pad keys are prefixed with Numpad, eg Numpad8, Numpad7. Page Up/Page Down are abbreviated PgUp/PgDn. Note the numpad keys have different names depending on if Num Lock is on or off. The full list is special keys is in the help file, under Key List.

I just tested with these:

Home::Tab

Insert::f

Del::2

Numpad3::4

and it worked, so I'd assume the rest will work.

I'd ask the admins if you can change your username if I were you ;)

Umm... yeah, thanks for that.

This thread is about "key binding", not my user name. Please refrain from posting off topic in my threads.

Thanks.

I'd ask the admins if you can change your username if I were you ;)

Umm... yeah, thanks for that.

This thread is about "key binding", not my user name. Please refrain from posting off topic in my threads.

Thanks.

It was intended to be helpful. Accounts with offensive usernames, or ones that try to bypass the site's censorship policies on such names, have been banned in the past. Your call though.