We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

I've hit a brick wall(CK, gals, guards, guardgals?)

HonestHawk

So due to an armour replacement mod I'm using, I'm trying to get rid of the arrow-knee helmets on only female hold guards and stormcloaks, using Dawnstar as a testing ground. After tinkering abit in CK, I think I'm about halfway there. By changing the actor bases on certain Dawnstar guards, I have managed to differentiate armours between male and female guards. Just not to my desired effect. Upon loading my saved game, the change does not instantly take effect. Only by waiting 6-12 hours will I see change. The said change however, are my female guards going NAKEY! I've tried a few things to rectify my problem, such as setting up the outfits similar to how the stormcloaks are set to(with greenboxed outfit lists), but to no avail.

The weird thing is that some outfits, such as the helmet-less WhiteRun variant will be worn by the edited guards-minus boots after the 12 hour wait(but it's a damn sight better than NAKEY). Even more weird, is that applying the dawnstar outfit to one of the Companions in Whiterun, will register the full outfit as being worn-instantly.

...And with google not giving me any results for fixing, I've hit a strategical brick wall here. Is there something I'm missing here?

Edited by HonestHawk

Bump and update.

Turns out that changing to any pre-set hold outfit will register as being worn-without boots and gloves. While changing to other armor sets(steel, glass, etc) will register the entire outfit as being worn. My helmet-less pale guard outfit still registers as nakey though.

As I said previously: throwing the same outfit on another npc works properly, but not on the guards I want to change. What causes this?