anyone still playing oblivion?

coyote_player93

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone , my 1st post ever.... :)

I've always wanted to try out Oblivion after I started playing PC games not so long ago. From what I've read, Oblivion is the grand daddy of all RPG games. I figured Oblivion would be a great RPG adventure to start with so I bought the GOTY Oblivion edition with all the expansions. Stalker doesn't count to me as a true RPG game like Oblivion, so this is my first RPG game ever. Always loved Lord of the Ring type stories, and I'm loving Oblivion so far. I'm not surprised Oblivion is still played by a whole bunch people because from playing new PC games like CODMW2, Stalker, Crysis, and Far Cry2. Oblivion still holds it's own, and I'm guessing Oblivion was way ahead of it's time when it came out. I'm in awe at every turn playing Oblivion, what a world they created. Shoot, I'm only at the part where you join the Blades in the cool winter mountains so far, so I probably got a long way to go before the story ends.

I've only installed 2-4 mods that make the game look better, and Qarl's texture pack III mod is awesome, what a difference that made. Kinda want to play the game through with the original game-play(story) the 1st time through, and then install mods that change the game-play afterwards. Plus, after reading all the stuff about mods I was overwhelmed, so it might be best to take baby steps my 1st time through.........

Well, back to my Oblivion adventure because I gotta retrieve The Amulet of Kings now............ :)

hi, i where just wondering if there still are people playing oblivion?:D
Unknown. But based on the uploads, it seems like there are plenty still playing the Construction Set game. ;)

LHammonds

Ironically I mod a helluva lot more than I play :sweat:

wait... What? you can actually play the game? :blink:

Nahhh... the tens of thousands of Posts on these ere boards and the... what was it last count? 40k? ... of mods TES Nexus site itself are somewhat misleading. No one plays Oblivion or Morrowind anymore.

Well... except me. But I'm old, so I don't count. ;)

Jenrai

Nahhh... the tens of thousands of Posts on these ere boards and the... what was it last count? 40k? ... of mods TES Nexus site itself are somewhat misleading. No one plays Oblivion or Morrowind anymore.

Well... except me. But I'm old, so I don't count. ;)

Jenrai

Same here. In the long haul, both games are relatively new: just not out yesterday. And by yesterday, I mean that I still play Hidden Agenda, which I first reviewed for a magazine back in 1988.

Have to say, modded Morrowind and Oblivion are incredible things.

I also play old games like ultima I (1988), ultima VI (dont remenber) and ultima IX (1999) but im not that old.

I stoped playing oblivion during 1 year and now i started to play it again 2 weeks ago .

well, not realy played , i spent all this time downloading new mods and trying running the game

without errors.

Still playing??? I just started, you mean it's been out for a while? But I just got the GOTY edition at Walmart for $20, it can't be that old of a game.... :blink:

Seriously though, my addiction to TES started when I picked up a copy of Morrowind for my original XBox, from then on it has been a great series, heck I even got DosBox and the Arena and Daggerfall from the Bethesda site so I could try them out.

I did wait a good while to see what expansions / add-ons Bethesda was going to put out for the game, it's like a brand new model car or Windows OS system, you never want to buy it the first year it is out, gotta get the bugs worked out first. I will say I have not yet been dissappointed with Oblivion and I am sure with all the mods that are available, I won't be. :biggrin:

@Anarkiu: oblivion came out in 2005, so it it a bit dated, but not so much.

Personally I'm still playing it, after some (like 8 :P) one-sided characters

(like only archmage, only listener, only grayfox etc..)

, now I'm going through the entire game (+ SI and Kotn) with one character for the 2nd time, and then I plan to go throug some massive quest mods like GTA 1 and 2. Furthermore, I'm waiting to see if the MERP project will come to an end (they've relased a beta 2 weeks ago and it looks great!), so the game is far from being dead, that's probably why Bethesda is creating non-ES games: they're waiting the Oblivion comunity (and modding comunity) to grow more and more to have the max possible people waiting for the sequel