Is The Goverment Spying On Us ?

AncientSpaceAeon

Vote, Post, And Debate !  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think They're Spying On Us ?

• Absolutely
    • Quite Yes
    • Not Too Often
    • Only By Coincidence / Not Intentional
    • Rarely
    • They Simply Don't
  2. 2. Do You Think it's a Good Idea ?

• Absolutely
    • Quite Yes
    • Quite
    • I Don't Think So, But I Must Agree
    • Only If The Situation Is So Critical
    • I Would Never Agree
    • I Wish I Could Stop the Whole Thing, That's a Horrible Idea.
    • I Don't Really Care
    • None of These Above Words
  3. 3. How Advanced The Technology They Have Been Using ? (Opinion)

• More Than You Can Imagine
    • What We Seen on High Technology Sci-Fi
    • Usual Things We Seen on Hollywood, Games and Stuff
    • Very Advanced
    • Not That Advanced
    • Won't Impressed Me
    • Far Beyond Expectation

Why so worried anyway? Doing something not entirely legal? ;)

If you really are being spied on I feel sorry for you. Also total surveilance should put a stop to abuse, corruption etc. not encourage it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why so worried anyway? Doing something not entirely legal? ;)

If you really are being spied on I feel sorry for you. Also total surveilance should put a stop to abuse, corruption etc.

Do they ( ... enter spy organisation here) act entirely legal?

So, you would have no problem if things happen like this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mk_ultra ?

You make me glad I don't live in America.

You make a good point but thats more "lets screw up peoples brains and watch" than "lets put a camera in this full stop in case they do something unpatriotic."

Your government scares me more than the thought of Boris Johnson running the capital

Why do some people seem to assume others are American unless explicitly stated hence laws that exist there do not have automatic equals elsewhere, also good point about the multiple x-rays... least its not gamma :sick:

Because the majority of people in this forum are Americans.

@jaysus and @ totured tomato

I agree with you, and I am sorry I did´t think of that modesty differs from country to country,

so it for some actually feels bad knowning someone are looking at you, naked through X-ray

Also total surveilance should put a stop to abuse, corruption etc. not encourage it.

Except by those in charge of the surveillance operations which are (possibly) corrupt themselves...

Not implying all of them are, but all it takes is one or two to leave many people's lives in ruin. Personally I don't trust any political\governmental group until they do something to earn the trust and respect they feel they are entitled to.

Something none of the groups relevant to my own life (and many others) have managed to suceed in.

Monitoring everything people do and keeping track of people using these methods doesn't protect anyone on the large scale that countries 'leaders' try and portray to their populace, because the systems in use are only effective in dealing with the aftermath of many things.

They do help somewhat, but not to the exaggerated amounts listed in many documents provided by governmental bodies and departments I would think.

To be fair I do not really care if they do watch over us or not, just that if they do - don't try and BS us all about it, be honest for once and just get on with it.

at least we don't have to suffer FBI as much as you do

Erm, who's suffering exactly? Only the paranoid ones seem to be inconvenienced by it, and that kinda goes along with them being paranoid. Most of us simply don't care, and have no specific reason to.

Agreed I don't care if the government spies on me, at the moment it hasn't exactly impacted any of my freedoms soooo if they were spying already should I care?

Also total surveilance should put a stop to abuse, corruption etc. not encourage it.

Except by those in charge of the surveillance operations which are (possibly) corrupt themselves...

Total surveilance can not work in layers, or else not everyone would be spied on. Hence True Total SurveilanceTM could only work in a communist government done right, communism is never done right though.

Perhaps in this forum although in my personal experience I've bumped into an equal amount of non-americans, it was however a comment on every damn forum I've been too.

Perhaps in this forum although in my personal experience I've bumped into an equal amount of non-americans, it was however a comment on every damn forum I've been too.

While this is true, in this case, it's mostly because Americans are always paranoid about mysterious people sitting out in a truck across the street listening to them. So much so that it's a common trope. Blame this on all the conspiracy nuts out there, most of them being American, with their blogs. The people who have the least to be concerned about on this matter are often the first to assume it's being done to them, and that EVERYONE is in on it. It's just a natural connection between paranoid wack-jobs and Americans. Not quite sure why, maybe it's because our nuts are allowed to roam free and distribute their "revelations" to the masses, or maybe it's because people from other countries have more sense than to openly discuss their suspicions about being watched in fear that it might actually lead to them being watched.

Edited by Vagrant0