Steel Longsword Replacer

zac dorkus

I am a fan of those mods out there that add more medieval style weapons/armour to the game and was wondering if someone could make a mod which replaces the standard oblivion steel longsword with a few variations of steel longswords, just like in the medieval ages when there were many differnet syles of sword (well pretty much every sword was unique but I don't think thats possible to mod :P ). There are mods out there which add medieval looking longswords

( http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=29815 ) but they don't replace the standard oblivion steel longsword and they are not really what I was looking for. I think 4 or 5 replacements of the steel longsword would be about right, anymore would be awesome. Also they should be randomly distributed among the leveled item lists so you could pick them up off bandits, marauders etc.

I have absolutely no experience in modding myself by the way.

Thanks.

That is a very good question. What does a medieval longsword look like? I think the vanilla Oblivion longsword looks like a medieval longsword. It certainly does not look like an ancient gladius-type short-sword or like a modern ceremonial officer's sword.

Thanks Titan of Ether, very close to what I was looking for. The standard oblivion longsword is a bit thick and not very deadly looking. Basically I was just looking for a replacement of that but 4-5 replacements as in medieval times not every single longsword would be exactly the same, different styles from different blacksmiths.