Return to Highever

steven857

I have a MOD idea and want to get input on. A "Return to Highever" MOD or just a Highever MOD. If the Hero is not from Highever it could still be a MOD to defeat Arl Howe's Son/daughter who has taken control of Highever. I am also planning on have Lady Iona(Lady in waiting) survive the initial attack along wiht Lady Teyrna (mother).

Oooh nice. I like. I missed that actually. Though, "Return to Highever" sound a bit "Return to Ostagar"-like. No ill intended. Maybe try "Assault on Highever". Or perhaps "Operation Highever".

Question is... what would happen if you did this before Denerim? How would Howe (ooh funneh) react? I like the idea of Iona surviving, but I doubt Howe has mercy enough to let Lady Teyrna survive. There could be a ghost if the Hero is from Highever, and none if the Hero is not. Maybe? I dunno.

Good idea, There is a little girl in the alienage (when it's opened) who says that her mother went to work in Highever and hasn't returned (Iona?), maybe a entry point for non human noble PCs.

Good luck with the project I look forward to exacting revenge on the Howe family.

Yes, the little girl is Iona's daughter. I forget her name but if you ask the right questions, Iona will tell you about her child. I always hoped that there was something connected to that, but there isn't. Just a little connection to your origin. I think it would be a great mod if done right.

I like the title "Assualt on Highever." Here is the plot as I have been working on Iona's daughter is the trigger to add Highever as a location the PC can travel to on the map.

The secret exits has not been found by Arl Howe or his Soldiers. The secret exit leads out of highever with also a secret entrance to the family crypt. In the family crypt a weaken and injured Eleanor Cousland (battlemaid) and Iona (rouge) will be found guarding the dead body of Bryce Cousland if the PC is a human noble she will join the party and if the PC is of other origin she can be persuaded to join the party. There will be an much older subsection containing the revenant of Conobar (Conobar of Dragon Age not the Conobar from Hyborian ERA (Conan's son)) and where if the PC is a human noble he/she will find out that Sarim was the son of Conobar and his short ill fated marriage (this may be too much I would like input on this point) .

i would like this made too as i totally love the noble origin story. i have no idea how it would begin but i am in the makin of it, when it starts im making Ser Gilmore surive and when he finds you he is hurt and weak, he is with your father and mother's dead body. you have your team on you adn when you enter various rooms you get flashbacks, and like how you drink certain blood drinks in the main plot game, you touch your head. If alsitair is your lover or good friend and is on your current team he will question you or act worried about you

Great idea about the entrance from the crypt Steven, but I think you should make Eleanor Cousland dead along with Bryce and Iona mortally wounded for some dialogue (maybe Iona will give you something to take back to her daughter?). If Eleanor is alive this is will make you feel relieved and happy so taking away from the added vengeance of seeing their slain bodies, obviously it's your choice but consider it. Thanks.

Hmm, how about finding Eleanor strung up to a wall, naked (not that it would be attractive but for the purpose of my next sentance), bloody and scarred. Tortured in other words. Probably blind and etc. etc. after all, the Dragon Age (the era, and overally the game) seems to be a bit "adult" and "mature" towards blood, gore and... well... violence.. and Howe (as I said in my previous post) doesn't seem to be a kind man at all.

You could have a conversation with Eleanor, "Kill me" she could say. And if you're of the Human Noble origin "Son... kill me". The dialogue however should perhaps be something more "interesting" than that. If you would decide to use this idea.

Iona, I think, should survive though. Perhaps you can find her in a mabari cage =P and get her in your party or something... oooh... she could have a unique class (now I'm going way ahead of myself >=D) = Valkyrie. Or Avenger.

Her Party Quest could be to hunt down 10-20 of Howe's men to butcher. There. Idea rant over =P

Well looks like I might be late doing this MOD I see it was just uploaded today.

Highever was taken my force so there would be serious damage done to castle and also to the village around it. I want the PC to be free to continue to adventure and Eleanor Couslandwould be able to stay at Highever (once the PC has driven the Howe's from HIghever). Eleanor could then oversee the repair and reconstruction of Highever. I do like the idea of Ser Gilmore also making it thru the razing of Highever. I want the MOD to work if you are of human noble origin male or female but also to work if you are not of human noble origin that was why the Iona's child in the alienage is the trigger to begin Highever.

I would like ot request some assistance with this MOD I am working on the castle Highever I would like to request help making the Village of Highever I would like it to be about 1/3 the size of Denerim with a port section. I should have some damage from when Arl's Howe's soldiers captured the Castle of Highever and possibly there should be a small alienage.