Help: Dialogue choice conundrum and comment triggers.

Rigmor

Hi guys,

I have a bit of a conundrum, I have been working on a quest, and for the most part it's going well, then I came upon an issue with a dialogue arc.

Basically I have an NPC forgegreet me, this works well, and I need to tell the NPC to do one of three things.

1. Follow me (this is the setstage and easy to do, it points to a package with the right conditions, in this case:

Dialogue on end papyrus - getowningquest().setstage(30) the package >=30 and doesn't interfere with another followers package also set >=20.

2, Go and follow another NPC (I don't want the npc to follow me, I want it to follow another npc)

3. Stay here. (I want the npc to stay until I come fetch it later)

My issue is I can't use setstage on 2 and 3 ie: getowningquest().setstage(25) because the next package in the stack will override it.

How can I make the NPC do what I tell it to do without packages?

Also, I can't seem to get comment triggers to work with a custom voice NPC, any tips welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Make a global variable

Have all 3 options set the same stage

Mave each option modify the GV to 1 2 or 3

Now have 3 packages each with a getstage condition AND a get GV condition

Or

make 2 other dummy quests with stages and set those lol

I use a lot of dummy quests that are basically just stage placeholders. I actually use one per almost any character that can be a follower in my mods, usually with 0 10 20 for stages where 20 is the follow package, 10 is usually a wait/do nothing and 0 is the reset to send them back to defaults, leaves options open for anything after 20 as well, also lets you forgo that >= and just use the condition set to == for the dummy quest stage

:P gl