1st Person - 3rd Person autoswitch?

SATMA

I don't think I can honestly vote for either since I use both so much

First: for accurate aiming

Third: for walking around

Clothing: Companions can look good without putting me at a disadvantage

If someone could make a mod which automatically switches between first and third depending on the situation (i.e, switching from the not attacked/hidden state to under attack/caution-danger state), I would explode with joy.

Reposting this from the 1st Person vs. 3rd Person thread in FO3 Discussions. If this is possible it needs to be done! Even if it needs FOSE, I would start using it for this alone.

Actually such a mod isn't necessary for me. The 1st person and 3rd person view is just one "click" / one "button" away, wouldn't take less than a second. I like to exercise my fingers! :P

Fixed that for you chief

The whole point of programming, modding, and tweaking programs is to reduce tedium. Hitting a button to switch between first and third is the definition of tedium. And it's not exercise, it's extra strain; it's sooner to result in carpal tunnel than burned calories.

It would also have a secondary benefit: alert you to impending combat when you have the radio on. Normally, if you're running unhidden, with the radio on, you don't know you're being attacked until the bullets start hitting, because the music doesn't change and you don't have the [Hidden]/[Danger] signs in the UI flashing. This forces me to periodically hit "crouch" when I'm running along to see whether or not I'm under attack, which is a secondary nuisance that would be solved with this mod.

This is the request forum. I've made a request because I, and possibly some others, would like to see it done but lack the experience to execute it. If you don't need it, don't shoot it down please. :unsure:

Actually such a mod isn't necessary for me. The 1st person and 3rd person view is just one "click" / one "button" away, wouldn't take less than a second. I like to exercise my fingers! :P

Fixed that for you chief

The whole point of programming, modding, and tweaking programs is to reduce tedium. Hitting a button to switch between first and third is the definition of tedium. And it's not exercise, it's extra strain; it's sooner to result in carpal tunnel than burned calories.

This is the request forum. I've made a request because I, and possibly some others, would like to see it done but lack the experience to execute it. If you don't need it, don't shoot it down please. :unsure:

Nah, please don't take it that way. :blush: I apologize and I'm sorry. I feel so bad... Well, you're right it's like having a hot key mod that allows you to switch outfits at the click of a button instead of going into pipboy and changing it manually. Lesson learnt, no more shooting down people's requests.

I don't think I can honestly vote for either since I use both so much

First: for accurate aiming

Third: for walking around

Clothing: Companions can look good without putting me at a disadvantage

If someone could make a mod which automatically switches between first and third depending on the situation (i.e, switching from the not attacked/hidden state to under attack/caution-danger state), I would explode with joy.

Reposting this from the 1st Person vs. 3rd Person thread in FO3 Discussions. If this is possible it needs to be done! Even if it needs FOSE, I would start using it for this alone.

haha, When I said that, I had no idea it'd be the basis for a mod request. I'm curious if this is even possible.

I know it's probably not related in a way that could be useful, but isn't there a "starting point" for this mod already in the game? When you speak to someone the game zooms to 1st person, then goes back to 3rd when the conversation is over. Maybe whatever makes that happen can be used as a base for what you want?