ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Most demanding and best graphic and visual enhancers?

demon69120

There are so many different mods to improve graphics and looks of everything in the game, and I can't even tell which I need and which are the best. I just built my first computer and it can handle anything. I am able to run Crysis maxed out in 1080p with even more demanding custom configs with a solid 30 fps. I LOVE eyecandy. I love windows lights, flashy textures, contrast changers, blur, everything. I need to know all the mods that will make Oblivion truly the best looking possible. Performance hits aren't an issue! So far I have QTP III redimized because it looks the same as the original IMO.

First off I'd like to mention that I am jealous. Secondly, I'd like to apologize for being the first to post, as I have a crappy computer and can't help you other than suggest the "ATP" textures...from the screenshots, they look beautiful...though they are also supposedly not taxing on the system either, so you might get what ya want without even causing your graphics cards to blink.

All that said, I would still expect crashes, stuttering, and other such issues from oblivion. Why? Because next to Stalker, Oblivion is the buggiest, most unstable, and poorly optimized game on the market. No matter how kickass your computer is, it can't fix a rather issue-prone game engine. Still amazing how such good games (stalker and oblivion) can be as awesome as they are, and gain as huge a fanbase as they have, while being as buggy and unstable as you could get...

And yeah, Oblivion with tons of mods will probably run worse than Crysis.
Heh, well I personally know someone who can run Crysis mostly maxed, and yet Oblivion still runs worse on the same rig, he has to set certain graphics down to medium, even. And that's without most of the mods...only mods he has are the unofficial patches and one or two quest mods. His list is literally only two or three mods long.

If you can run Oblivion Graphics Extender with SSAO, Godrays, and DoF, and also Really Almost Everything Visible When Distant at more than 25FPS average, you have the best rig ever and I request that you make a video of you playing Oblivion with those two active. I can run Crysis on all very high, at a 25FPS average, my specs are:

HD4870 GPU, 512mb

AMD Phenom 9550 2.2ghz, quad core

GA-MA78GM-S2H MoBo

4gb RAM

and running RAEVWWD, without Qarls or OGE, I get about 5fps.

Good luck broseph, you'll need it.

@Toasty Fresh: I would guess that your issue might be bottleneck? There was someone who mentioned something about slaving two hard discs together to prevent that, "as the main issue with high graphics issues in Oblivion is trying to get the info from the HDD to the GPU and back." Supposedly. You can look it up, it was in the mod help forums for one of the Qarl pack help threads.

Other than that, yeah, the game engine's probably the main issue. Not a fan of it, myself...too unstable. ~shrug~

@Toasty Fresh: I would guess that your issue might be bottleneck? There was someone who mentioned something about slaving two hard discs together to prevent that, "as the main issue with high graphics issues in Oblivion is trying to get the info from the HDD to the GPU and back." Supposedly. You can look it up, it was in the mod help forums for one of the Qarl pack help threads.

Other than that, yeah, the game engine's probably the main issue. Not a fan of it, myself...too unstable. ~shrug~

Help threads? Where can I find that?

Help threads? Where can I find that?
The mod help forum. Though you'll need a bit of luck to find it, seems like...I tried to find it for ya, but I couldn't using the search, and I deleted the link out of my bookmarks a couple weeks ago in a cleanup. Sorry... maybe google fixes for bottlenecking. Though the chances are it's just the game engine being silly, that can't hurt.