Custom signature up for grabs.

Alastair91

Forum signatures.  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of forum signatures do you like? (You may choose more than 1)

• Abstract art/digital art
    • Anime/comics/manga
    • Games
    • Logo/informative (brands/web links)
    • Real life/celebrities
    • Animated/GIF signatures
    • I prefer not to have any signatures

Hey :)

Really nice sigs you got here bud :)

But I got one suggestion though :) stop using Outer Glow for text. It ruins the whole concept

Instead try using stroke to make the text look better. Also, try and use larger sizes for fonts, smooth gradients, shadow. But never use Emboss, Satin or Glow :)

Keep up the good work!

Cheers :thumbsup:

Maafiaman

P.S.

If you can't make a text look bright enough, try this:

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4550/frompariswithlovesignat.png

Latest signature, did it for fun.

Make a white rectangle with the shape tool, rasterize it, then go to Filter -> Blur -> Motion Blur and play with the settings ;)

I see, thank you so much. Actually you get more than just my thanks, you're the person that actually inspired me to make signatures. If it weren't for all the signatures you made for some of the members here, I wouldn't even bother spending so much time on improving my photoshop skills. So, you deserve to feel absolutely proud. :thanks:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see, thank you so much. Actually you get more than just my thanks, you're the person that actually inspired me to make signatures. If it weren't for all the signatures you made for some of the members here, I wouldn't even bother spending so much time on improving my photoshop skills. So, you deserve to feel absolutely proud. :thanks:

Thank you :) I'm glad to hear that.

Also, there is a way to use glow. If you have a grunge background, you can make a glow for the text that's brighter than the background color (as I used on my Dirtek on Deviant banner).

For example, you have a dark green grunge background. Go to blending options -> Outer Glow -> Choose light green. I usually set the glow like this: Spread 3-5 | Size 20-25. But the most important step in this technique is to set the Blending Mode of the glow from Screen to Color Dodge :)

I sort of agree, but certain effects such as gel text look better with a 1-2 pixel glow.

Actually, I can't think of any sig to look good with a gel text :P Gel is mostly used to banners and logos :) For signatures, the best one is a solid text. A smooth gradient gives it a nicer look :thumbsup:

Only used gel in a quickie sig. I'd say it only works with plain sigs, not abstract type like yours normally are, but I do agree solid text tends to do better.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff132/4lex/Sigquick.jpg

I will PM the next moderator I see to move this thread to the Druid's Garden.

"Hmmm... Guys, do you think it would be a good idea if we had a Sigmaker's Guild Thread or something either here or in the Druid's lounge for this? It seems to make more sense."

If someone does make a Sigmaker's Guild Thread, please don't create it here or start the topic in this thread, make a new one at the Druid's lounge.

Edit: Already PM a moderator to move this.