Hector's armor/Hammer? (HammerFall)

flashn00b

It sounds really awesome I'd love to try it :D

Hammonds when you say about pulling verts inwards whats a good way to make the faces fit the shapes? for example see the shapes on the either sides of the hammer how could you make that shape? or any other shape for that matter?

There are many different ways of accomplishing that...some better than others.

My initial thought would be to create a cube, stretch it to the rectangle size of the hammer. Then add a bunch of horizontal and vertical lines...called subdivide multi.

When in edit mode (should see 8 verts creating a rectangle), select all verts, press W, select Subdivide Multi, pick something that would work...maybe 14. Then you have lots of verts you can manipulate to form the depression you are looking to create. Once done, you can later "clean up" the areas you did not modify by deleting extra verts and creating larger faces that are smoother to reduce poly count.

This is probably a VERY inefficient way of doing it but that would be my 1st stab at trying to do that pattern...it would probably be better to just use box modeling and extrude around the design.

LHammonds

I found the mod that did what I was talking about but sadly, it won't work for this. The "water" color changes based on the cell you are in so you get a lava color in Oblivion but blue outside Cyrodiil.

Living Metal

LHammonds

• 1 month later...