getting it to run

JA stu

I have had the xbox360 version of fallout3 for a long time and I bought fallout3 game of the year edition to start modding it. I have downloaded the game onto my windows 7 laptop but whenever I press new game on the ingame menu it gets to the loading screen and then just crashes. Please help!

My laptop details are as follows:

64 bit operating system

celeron dual-core 1.80ghz 1.79 ghz T3000

4 gb of ram

compaq presario cq61 notebook pc

I've just recieved a message when I told it to search online. It came back ith that it is incompatible. I've already been trying different compatibilities but it doesn't seem to work. Any more advice?

Compaq CQ61-315SA is not a graphics-oriented machine but there is an Intel GMA 4500MHD chipset which has the capability to display reasonable 3D graphics games and movies
are you absolutely certain that your video can play this game.

Uh install it to C:/bethesda softworks/fallout instead of C:/program files/bethesda softworks/fallout 3

Run it as Admin, run it in compatibilty mode for Windows XP SP3

Look around for people using Win7 an fallout 3

The draw distances are about 4 times as high as they should be, so 1/4 to 1/2 yeilds 100 meter LOD, something like that, you might want to turn a bunch of stuff off, because you won't notice it anyway. Turn off AA an AF, if you have to AA an AF force it via your grapics card control panel an only use 2X for both AA an AF. Turn off shadows (it's only on the Npc's) turn off multisampling (it's only tree branches an fences) Turn off depth of field (it's only when you're talking to npc's) turn raidial blur to low quality (you won't notice) Put everything else on high or pick ultra settings when you start, then turn the stuff above off, and move the sliders betwen all the way down to 1/4 for max performance, then up to 1/2 or more if you want more distance.

Also look in the tweekguide for making it run even better http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_1.html

Defrag the hard-drive, force it if it says no need to defrag this volume, defrag it anyway.