How to add the map marker to a quest item.

arkentera666

Apparently I was scripting my items right, but vista made it hell for the program to read it, I had to re-load the plugin.....Anyways here is a quick question I want the note I have made to trigger the quest after im done reading it how do I do this???

Well, if you know anything about quest scripting, first thing you do is create a new quest. Then, click on the quest stages tab and right click on the index table to the left. Click New, then name the stage any number you want. Let's say 10 is your first stage. After you named the stage, click on the quest objectives tab, right click on the objective index and click new. Then type in 10 so it corresponds to the quest stage. Then name the objective whatever you want as it will be the first stage of the quest. Now for the important part, click on the quest data tab and check off the Start Game Enabled Box. Then you will need to create a quest script. When you have the script window up, set the script type to quest.

This is some example script:

scn (NAMEOFYOURQUESTSCRIPT)

BeginGameMode

if GetStage (NAME OF YOUR QUEST) < 10

if player.GetItemCount (OBJECT YOU WANT TO TRIGGER QUEST) == 1

SetStage (NAME OF YOUR QUEST) 10

endif

endif

End

That should trigger your quest (but before you are finished reading)

Note that the parenthesis are not included in the script.

I don't think it's possible to start a quest after a note has been read, I guess Bethesda expects you to read notes automatically. Alternatively, you could visit the GECK wiki page on script functions right here. You could also look into FOSE to see if it's possible with that, but I don't think it's worth the effort.