Anyone add their own music to the game?

Naikado2

Hey there, everyone... :P

I've been thinking about changing the in-game music again to more fun music that I like... And I'm tired of being unable to distinguish the battle music from the regular music with my fairly low music setting. :P

Obviously, changing music is extremely easy to do, so I wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't the only one who decided to change the game a bit with some music. I know it "makes a better experience" with the old music, so that's why I never actually delete it and just put it in a separate folder somewhere easy to find if I don't like the effect.

I guess there's nothing more to say on the topic until others reply. :3

(Note, I don't mean to put smiley faces after almost every individual body, I just do.)

I have metal for Battles (Duality, Deadly Sinners, Down With The Sickness, & Tegernako)

Metal for Dungeons (Falling Away From Me, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Vermillion pt 2, & My Curse)

Little Random for Outside (Padmasana, snUff, Soothsayer, Every Rose Has It's Thorne)

Same for inside (Seemann, Children techno remix, and a Zelda Music Compliation)

All good music :bunny:

I either have music turned off or the in-game music. I can't use music that wasn't designed with the game in mind, it breaks immersion and I play much much worse. Even in shooters, if I put some other music on, my kill-death ratio goes from good to bad.

I disabled the music in Oblivion. Personaly, I think it breaks the immersion and makes you dream, but the main reason for why I disabled it was the battle music. I consider it a cheat and so far I have not found any mod that adds something that I find apropriate. There are a couple mods that I like that add interiour sounds to inns and tavers, but that's just about it.

I play weird music. Alongside all the vanilla music is new-age, classical, heavy-metal, folk, rock, medieval, electronica, and who knows what else. instrumental is best. I don't care to play my game to lyrics. I have been having a losing streak lately when it comes to downloading mods. Everything is broken, ugly, or no fun. But if I download music to listen to while playing Oblivion, it almost always turns out okay, and if it is not right for the game, I can still listen to it some other time.

I play weird music. Alongside all the vanilla music is new-age, classical, heavy-metal, folk, rock, medieval, electronica, and who knows what else. instrumental is best. I don't care to play my game to lyrics. I have been having a losing streak lately when it comes to downloading mods. Everything is broken, ugly, or no fun. But if I download music to listen to while playing Oblivion, it almost always turns out okay, and if it is not right for the game, I can still listen to it some other time.

Lol, I can imagine you listening to rock, while exploring Aylied dungeons. I do agree it must be fun, but I never found the right music to play with this game. I do listen to music while playing other games, like Counter-strike or Fifa and I even play better when I listen, but when I play Oblivion no music seems to fit. I think it's just the fact that it's not normal to hear music while in the middle of nowhere. :P

I must have played too much of this then because I think there's always a soundtrack in my head.

I happen to have a morrowind vid I made where you can hear some of the music I put into Morrowind.

Edited by myrmaad