Monster Hunter Tri

MonsterHunterMaster

I hope it gets a bit more challenging than the Psp series, you know, it was a bit too easy there, even though I played alone...also I hope for monsters like the kut ku cuz I looked at the monster hunter tri wiki and I looked at the monsters there and I didnt see the kut ku and some other monsters from the Psp series..:(

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you guys played Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess? I imagine the controls will be similar to those, but with more control over the angles of your slashes. If so, it'll be awesome! I'll probably be using the Remote and Nuns at first just for that reason alone.

I'm going to have to stop watching this thread. You guys got me wanting this game bad! Geez, we still have well over a month to go too!

Lol.. if u gotta swing like that 2 fight.. fightin monsters are going 2 be way 2 tough but it would be fun 2 try. Once u get killed the first 5 times ull be frustrated enough to use the classic controller.. lol I played Super smash bros brawl with the chucks, sum DBZ game.. aaand.. thats really all I can think of other than things on wii sports n wii play. playin that way is gonna get u killed u gotta think fast on the fly, wavin the chucks around in the wrong direction will get u killed fast especially against some of the rarer wyverns that will likely kill ya in 3 hits, maybe less depending on what armor u got..

Yep, the wyvern at higher stages are incredibly strong.

Some have one-hit kills (if you don't have the strongest armor), some kill you within 3 strikes or less (no matter what armor you have..)

That's why I love the game so much, it's a bit challenging you know, not like for example Oblivion, where you run through or stuff like that...

You also don't have any difficulty settings, it's easy in the beginning, hard in the end..

ahh, but you guys have got to remember this game is being designed specifically for the Wii. I'm sure they will accomodate the controls to the traditional remote and nuns. I'm currently playing Zelda and find it not really that difficult as far as the swinging goes. It's actually quite awesome since it gives you the feel that you're actually wielding a sword in real life. As far as swinging yourself off the mark, Zelda has a lock-on target type button that I'd be willing to bet will be a feature on MHT.

Nope, no lock onto target thing...

I play this game for too long, so I can say there won't be any lock on or stuff like this...trust me on that one! :thumbsup:

Also it wasn't designed especially for the Wii, first they wanted to do it for ps3, but this was too expensive for capcom, so they made it for the wii.

Now you gotta think what awesome graphics it must have if it would get released for ps3... :blink:

LMAo lock on targets?? wowww thats so not gonna happen in MH it would be very helpful thou! the game is 2 challenging n u will definitely get frustrated with it at the beginning. it takes patience, n skill. cant jus go in runnin with ur sword a swingin...... well sometimes u can :) lol But monsters will do some amazing things, they wont jus sit there n get hacked up, while ur hackin away it will do some manevering that will kill u before u even know it. So if u waved the nunchuck in the wrong direction that will cost the whole mission lol 2500 deposit down the drain :( back to hunting deer thingys n pickin herbs for cash.. :closedeyes:

Being a gunner is expecially challenging. they dont do nearly as much damage as swords but they have the advantage of being at a distance, so u can be prepared to dodge attacks - Cant block em thou. Theres a bunch of different ammo types, could stun the wyverns, put em 2 sleep, poison em, blow em to shreds. My fav tactic is to plant some huge pitt trap in the middle of the area.. put some bombs by it.. and some slab of meat. Id wait till the monster shows up 2 grab a snack.. once it falls into the pitfall trap ill shoot at the bombs, blowng it up, n jus bombard it with shells until it stumbles away :) OMg i miss that game..

No need to be rude about it and laugh. It's just simple speculations. Geez.

Here's what I found on the controls:

"We're pleased to report that the game's controls still feel pretty tight when using a Classic Controller and closely match the PSP scheme. You can also use a Wii Remote and Nunchuk combination to get the job done, and while Capcom wasn't able to confirm it, we expect that GameCube controllers will also work. Unfortunately there's still no option to lock the camera onto your current monster, but the L2 button will reset the camera behind you, and the right analog stick can be used to pan the camera."

So that would probably be the same thing as locking on target.

Also, a gamer that has the Japanese version said the controls for the remotes are surprisingly smooth and that he actually prefers it over the classic controller.

Pictures of some of the armors look pretty sweet, and so does that sea dragon!

Wasnt bein rude jus thought it was funny :confused: lol. The controls sound like how they playd on the Ps2 version, with it reseting bac, n being able to pan around. I havent played it in for ever thou so I could be wrong. the armors are really bad ass, n the ability to mix n match em to get special abilities is very cool. I still have the original ps2 strategy guide from way back lol Went to game stop the next day after i picked up the game n got the guide i liked it that much :) so many armors ull have alotta fun collecting them all