Xbox 360 Controller Questions

Rixirite

Hey, it has recently come to my attention that the Xbox 360 Controller is also made for the PC. So I did some research and figured out that indeed there is a controller for windows. After doing some more research the Xbox 360 controller for windows is no different than the Xbox 360 controller except the one for windows is bundled with software for a controller driver. I noticed that both controllers use USB ports which is interesting because I wonder: Could I possibly just buy a Xbox 360 controller without the software (Save 10 bucks) and get a driver from microsoft on the net?

Because I know when you plug a device into your PC with Vista or Windows 7 it "Detects" the new hardware and looks for software for it then installs it. So I would like to know if I should just save the 10 dollars or spend the extra 10 and get the software..

Thanks.

I bought some ps3 controllers for my pc and they came with a cd to install on the computer. The computer recognized a contoller but until I installed the software, the controllers did nothing.

I bought some ps3 controllers for my pc and they came with a cd to install on the computer. The computer recognized a contoller but until I installed the software, the controllers did nothing.

Sony tends not to like MicroSoft products. Assuming that the OS you got is infact a Microsoft product :P I believe they work better with MAC or Sony Vaio

To the OP.

Just bare in mind, the controller you need to get MUST BE WIRED. It cannot be a Wireless controller with the Plug & Play charge kit. Also, the drivers should be available at the MicroSoft or Xbox website.

I am going to get the wired one. However: After doing more research it appears the controller's compatibility with games is strictly limited to only a fe hundred games. Many of them of which I do not play. I noticed this software called "Pinnacle" game software which acts as a controller mapper to map the Xbox 360 controller to that of keyboard/mouse buttons. The only downer is that you have to spend even more money just to get the controller to work on any game you want it to. I am trying to save my money too and this makes that a difficult situation because I only wanted to spend it on the 360 controller and not buy anything else with it.

I have a Nostromo N52 gamepad, and the pad comes with software that allows you to program which keys are which to the controller. I am suprised the Xbox 360 controller doesn't include such software for people who really want to play any game that comes to thier head.

I've been using a wireless double a battery Xbox controller for the last few month's, only problem I don't like is that it goes through 2 double A nickel- cadmium rechargeable batteries every 20 hours of play, my wireless xbox controller for windows controller came with a cd with drivers and had a little usb2 device it links to that you place near your key board or mouse so the controller can link to it, it shows a little green light when it is working right!..

My double A nickel- cadmium rechargeable batteries are old and was bought for my cd walkmen, and they had sat around un-charged all last year before getting the wireless xbox controller!..

I think I paid around sixty five dollars Canadian with the taxes for my Xbox wireless controller for windows!..

Not sure if I'll buy another wireless controller when this one get's old, I do remember my old regular chord xbox controller being tripped on by me and landing hard on the floor when I had it before this wireless controller!..

if you buy a usb Xbox 360 control and plug it into your pc it will download the drivers for you and guess what the xbox360 mic works as well , i know you are in shock i was too :)