Weapon appearing...behind me?

MRYUCK

I'm creating a mod that I plan to post here on TESNexus, but I'm having a really odd issue, and I don't know what I did wrong.

I took a sword, and added a glow map to it, and changed the actual texture a little as well. All with Photoshop. (just some recoloring, nothing too fancy) I took the sword Mesh, made a new ID through Nifscope for a brand new sword. I added the texture from a custom path, then put the sword into Oblivion through the TESconstruction set.

Now here's where things get a little strange...I equip the sword, which by the way looks completely fine, except...it's...BEHIND the character. It moves with my character, rotates and such, but it's like the sword was put on the lowest layer or something. It's even behind the hand, and the whole body. But it still moves like it's in the hand.

Weirdest thing is, that only happens when I'm on the equip screen. When I go out of the equip screen to the world, the sword is completely normal. It's exactly the way it should be. But when I go into the equip screen, it's behind everything again.

What the heck happened!? Is it my textures? I exported everything as 8bpp, interpolated alpha, and I never touched the normal map. I just copied the normal map from the original swords normal map, which works fine, but then again I don't know what's causing this.

Oe, someone help! I've edited sword textures before, and this never happened to me before. o_O

hmm, the same thing happnes to very often. I realy think that the normal maps are the problem. Even with small changes in color you should cerate new normal maps to match the new textures.

The problem is that i usualy fix this problem without realy knowing what i did, but it has to do with the normal maps 100%.

Just did it, did nothing. D= The sword is still going behind in the equip screen. I just modified ANOTHER sword, and that sword came out perfectly. This one sword is causing me issues for some reason.

Maybe the type of sword? I modified a Dark Seducer longsword. I don't know if that's significant, but that's what I modified...then I modified a golden saint longsword, and it came out beautifully. I am so confused :unsure:

Edit: UHG! Okay, solved it. I ended up having to delete ALL the textures from the data file, then deleted the normal map from my temporary folder where I keep all the files I edit. I re-saved the normal map for the original texture's normal map from photoshop as the normal map for my new texture, copied ALL of the textures from the temporary file and pasted them into the data file. Bazing! The sword is magically working now. Wow, what bug flew up that normal map and made it croak? uhg. Thank you for the immense help, this forum is awesome. XDD