Metro 2033

CommanderCrazy

Ehhh. Looks like a knockoff of STALKER (which I didn't particularly like). Metro's being developed by people that split off from GSC, so that adds to that impression.

I'm on the fence about this one. I'll most likely wait for the reviews.

Its only similar to STALKER in art style, and in its setting.

I was thinking along those lines. Truth be told, I wasn't particularly fond of those two aspects in the STALKER series.

Well, the novel and the STALKER-games are very similar when it comes to the setting and design, so it's no wonder. It looks interesting, but I think I'll skip this. I'm content with the book, and I'm not really interested in the game. However, Dimitrij Gluchovski should have credit for allowing this, in spite of videogames being considered an inferior medium to litterature.

However, the book, nice as it is, aren't really enthralling and it all feels rather familiar. So the game aren't exactly to light your world on fire, but it could be a fun experience. I'll stick to stalker, myself.

However, it's good that they make a game that's not holding your hand like a paranoid lolipop-man like most FPS' today and that they focus on telling the story. Sandbox/free-roaming games are all great, but some variety out there are nice to have.