Looking for a modeling software.

Pherion

I have been doing some random mods for obllivion so i can practice a little with the CS. But, i feel stuck knowing that i have no more creatures or itemos to use.

Soo i tried using 3DStudioMax 8 and i can't understand nothing of it. The only one i know how to use is Google Sketch Up. Too bad it doesn't export.

Soo, i'm asking here if someone can give me a name of a very eazy to use or to learn modeling software for free. Anything with some quality will do. I don't need something amazing. Just a simple software where i can make models(and animations if possible). But il be very happy with just bieng able to model something and add it to oblivion.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

you either need 3dmax or blender, no way around it... blender however is free and just as good at the same time,

however both programs are ot "simple", they need some training and learning for you to get good in them, however you could also buy Zbrush (500$), which is relatively cheap in comparision to 3dmax but cant export the files nor create animations, however it is probably much easier to learn as its more intuitive/natural to model with it

youd still have to use blender for the final export to *.nif though

if you have no clue what to do now just get blender... it can do all that yiu want and there are hundreds of tutorials on youtube and on the official homepage

I agree with jaysus that your best bet is to get blender. However, if you thought 3ds max was complicated you´ll probably get very scared when you use blender for the first time, i know i did :P To me it seems much harder to learn than max but then again i haven´t really used it that much. Also most people who use it say that its very easy to work with once you get used to it. So yeah, if you´re looking for a free 3d software blender is the way to go but if you already have 3d max then you could learn that instead.