Help the Handicapped!

Sauvage

Thanks alot Megatarius! You touched on a lot of the mods that I never even thought to look at! Though I remember a couple of them from my first run with this game.

Right now I am about 4 hours into the installation. I hope there isnt a cutoff on mods like that!!!! Grrr. Oh well, the advanced quest mods can be loaded at a later date. Not everything I have downloaded was a esp having mod. There was a good many texture and mesh replacers. QTP3, and some of the large quests as well as the big overhaul mods make up a majority of the downloaded file size.

The further I get into the install, the more mods I realize I don't need. So who knows what I will end up with when I am done. I can thank you for adding about 20 more though!! lol

I am currently stuck at the body to use. This COBL Cosmetic mod is forcing me to chose to finish installing it. The COBL install has also forced me to not use TIE In, and I believe negates the use of TNR as well. That saves me a handful of files.

So far I have the Game + All Official Addons and patches, all unofficial patchs and Refurbish plugins, all tools needed (like BOSS, Wyrebash, etc), FCOM (OOO, MMM, Frans) with a handful of extra Frans addons, Oblivion Warcry, Bobs Armory and Loths Blunt Weapons, Enxems Runeskulls, Rusty and Fine armors and weapons, kd circlets, Tamriel Travelers, COBL, and ummm Elys Silent Voice for good measure.

Plenty more to go though.... Maybe I'll update before I pass out.

Thanks again!

You're welcome. :thumbsup:

Though a thought occurred to me while I was assembling that list. Since you've played the game before, you obviously know what to expect from it. However, did you get this super into modding last time?

My concern is, to put it quite frankly, it may not be worth all the anguish. It's an awesome game because of modding, of course, but there is eventually a cut-off point, at least for me, where it stops being worth it. My philosophy is why worry about mods if you're not actually going to sit down and just play it, you know? I can understand that for some people the thrill is in the journey. The same can be said of me as well, but there should be a long-lasting reason for all of it also.

It's a never-ending process. You get it all set up with over a hundred mods, FCOM, Deadly Reflex, Supreme Magicka, Reneer's Guard Overhaul; and assuming it all works when you play it, you find yourself getting all the items you could possibly want right off the bat in the tutorial dungeon and you think "No chance of working my up the ladder GTA style is there? They just give it all to you right away? Hmm, I wonder if there's a mod that changes that..." And the next thing you know, you're back on the Nexus.

I hope you get what you want of this game. Lord knows it has so much more potential than Bethesda ever realized. Just make sure you're still able to enjoy it when you're ready to get started.

It may sound odd, but for me, getting all the mods to work together is very much enjoyable.

I do know what you are saying though. I have been trying to steer clear of mods that just give you things as much as possible. The others, I refuse to read the part in the readme explaining where things are at. When I find them, I find them, and if I don't find them... Well then too bad for me.

To help make sure things aren't too one sided in my favor, the mod that increases the difficulty as you level should help. Hopefully I will manage to keep it balanced. I guess I will find out.

Still chugging away at it.

Ran into a hold up when I realized I was going to add in about 16 esp's just for little weapons and armor mods. Had to read up on merging and get the Gecko. Wouldnt have been as bad, but 3 of the mods used identicle code lines for a sword. So I ended up making 3 different compilation esp's. Then, since I wasn't sure any of it would work properly, I made 3 seperate omods to make uninstalling easier.

Got all of my NPC mods, Texures, Environment Sounds n Music, Weapons and Armor (hopefully) done. Now time for settling on the magic(s), weeding through all the gameplay mods, and then finally the quest mods. I haven't counted how many things I got loading yet. Should probably do that.

If you go by files, I am halfway done. I have 189 files in the done folder, and 189 files left. I have about 10 hours invested so far... Doing pretty decent for the physical state I am in. So far my game folder is about 16GB. I have 6 or 8 omods ready but not installed yet, so it will grow when I activate them. 254 mods running at a time. ESM's and ESP's. BSA's are just zipped data. Hope I got room for this all....

Something just dawned on me.

In the midst of taking on this huge modding experience, I may have accidentaly overlooked a major item that very well may help me.

I have not fully read up on Wyrebash and what it is capable of. Not this time, nor the last. I never fully understood the bash file. If I can use this program to merge esp's into one, so they dont have to be checked in the list anymore, then I am golden!

If there is any bash-savvy readers out there that want to lend some info, I would greatly appreciate it... but for now, I go to the readme... and maybe google.

OK!

Looks like Wryebash just saved my backside!!!

I slimmed it down to 314 mods in my list, and (after learning about merging in Wryebash) I have enough green-lettered mods to merge me down to 254 mods including the bash patch when I am done!!!

Now I just have to go back and forth between Wrye and BOSS and make sure I have all the mods ticked that can be merged, as well as tagged partially into the bash patch. Once I bash it, I should be able to untick all the green-lettered mods, and then tick any other mods that I didnt have on yet!

I am so close, I can taste it! Yet I know full well, the chance of me getting the game up and running on the first try with 300+ mods is slim to none! lol

can be merged, as well as tagged partially into the bash patch. Once I bash it, I should be able to untick all the green-lettered mods, and then tick any other mods that I didnt have on yet!

I am so close, I can taste it! Yet I know full well, the chance of me getting the game up and running on the first try with 300+ mods is slim to none! lol

Well, this is the time of the Winter Olympics

We have a contender for a Gold Metal.

Sacraficing a Daedric Heart to Akatosh on your behalf.

Believe it or not........

312 mods installed and running, and I loaded the game up and started a new quest with no crashes!!!!

I am going to have to edit my keys though, Deadly Reflex caught me off guard, and I seem to have the nVidia black screen bug (I remember that from the last time). I even had the wrong OBSE, fixed that.

Only thing I am stuck with is a crash on exiting the game. That may be a Win7 issue though. Have to set my compatibility on the game and obse.

I will post more tomorrow after I get out of the sewers and see what happens! Think I will call it a night!

Is that a record or something? 312 mods with no CTDs on the first try? lol I need a pain pill!