Help the Handicapped!

Sauvage

I have to say that your mod list is impressing. What comes to your crash when exiting problem I don't think it is a Win7 problem since I have experienced it with both Vista and Win xp. When I want to exit the game I open the console and type qqq and press enter. It won't crash then, at least it doesn't crash for me when I exit game using it.

I have to say that your mod list is impressing. What comes to your crash when exiting problem I don't think it is a Win7 problem since I have experienced it with both Vista and Win xp. When I want to exit the game I open the console and type qqq and press enter. It won't crash then, at least it doesn't crash for me when I exit game using it.

there's a nice OBSE mod that really helps too

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21416

Ok, Im not so worried bout the crash on exit, as it seems to be something I may have to live with being so heavily modded.

I had a googly eye problem I fixed, and another issue with my 1st person camera that I think know what caused it (3rd person animations in 1st person texture replace mixed with Deadly Reflex moves). Though I forgot to backup the 1st person animations, so now I have to find a way to get them.

I seem to have a grey screen problem. Lots of topics on it, but no fixes. More than likely a variant of the nVidia black screen bug. I am not terribly worried about this yet, as I have only had brief times it happened (course, I haven't even made it out of the sewers yet).

My biggest issue right now is few big *POW* stars saying missing mesh (I believe they are for a bow), and every dead npc (including ones that were never alive, like the skeletons lying around right in the beginning) is green!

Rats, Skeletons, Assassins, the royal guards that die along the way.... All of them turn green! Including any clothes or armor they are wearing. When I take the armor or clothing and put it on, it is fine.

I have tried googling this, but have come up empty handed... Back to bug fixing.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

I remember reading it, then getting sidetracked and forgetting about it. For whatever reason, MMM decided that you had to rename their BSA file depending on what other conversion mod(s) you planned on running.

My green corpses, and my missing meshes were both because of not renaming my MMM.bsa to FCOM_Convergence - MMM.BSA!!!

Now all I have to do is find where I can get those files I overwrote.....

The game is running really smooth. So far all I have had to do was rename my MMM.bsa (like I should have when I installed), remove the etheral eyes mod and the 3rd person animation in 1st person view mod.

The only complaint I have right now is OOO's drop lit torches is not working. Only mod I can point a finger at right now would be the dungeon npc's have torches mod, but Im not sure yet. With the darker dungeons, I would hate to lose the npc torches. I only have room for 1 more check in my list, so I think I will try just adding the DLT OBSE mod at the end of my list and see if that fixes things.

I still have one more thing to try before I delve into my new world. I saw the LOD mods like "almost everything" and "more than almost everything" and wasn't sure that was what I wanted. Then I came across a mod that takes in game screen shots, with my towns and addons and extras, and turns them into LODs. At least, I think thats what it does.

Anyway... Off to install DLT, and make some LODs. Then time to play a few hours!

Oh man, sorry. I forgot to mention Deadly Reflex 5 and 3rd Person Animations are incompatible. You have to make a choice, and it's pretty obvious what most people would choose.

I chose 3rd Person, actually. That's right, I dropped Deadly Reflex, but also because of another bug.

Sauvage, when you use Deadly Reflex, does it reset your Oblivion.ini file? What version are you using? The easiest way to tell is to change the Global Time Multiplier near the top of the file to 1.25 instead of 1. I'm talking about the .ini in your My Documents/My Games/Oblivion folder, near your saves, not the one in your Data Folder. Then go into the game, run around and observe the slightly faster movement, and the press esc. Is your game all of a sudden back to normal speed? If you then open the .ini, is it also back to 1? I'm convinced the mod is writing to it, and putting the original back every time the menu is brought up.

This happens to me all the time, and I don't know why, but I do know that Deadly Reflex is causing it. I've asked several times and nobody has ever answered. Am I the only one who tweaks their .ini file? It seems strange that with such a popular mod, nobody has reported it before. The comments page is the size of War and Peace.

Sorry to derail the topic. I'm just wondering. I'd love to know if someone else has it, or if it really is something about my install specifically.

I mod my ini. Helps me with not having more ticks in my load order for silly things like bBorderRegionsEnabled=0 instead of having an esp do it for me.

I am using DR5, but with a seperate download of tweaked esp's for it. Think it was called an unofficial fix. Saw lots of cool things with DR6, though it looks like the author fell off the edge of the world or something.

My ini has not been rewritten back to the original. If it was I would have lost my bBorderRegionsEnabled=0 a while ago. I have only edited it once, and have erased my saves and started a new game about 4 times now. Every time having to reassign keys for DR5.

Maybe that is one of the bugs fixed by the patch I got? Did you have the patch?

This is what I am currently running, and it seems to be working properly. Technically I have 175 mods installed (if you count ones like OOO and FCOM as 1). Some are OBSE only, and some are file replacement only, which equates to 313 files in my load order. After building my bash patch, I am able to safely uncheck (make virtual) 60 files, leaving me with 1 mod to spare: 253 files loaded.

FCOM Convergence (Files: 35, DLed Size: 2GB):

Oblivion GOTY, (All) Official Plugins, All Unofficial Patches, FCOM, OOO, MMM, Frans, Oblivion WarCry, Rusty Items, Fine Weapons, Exnems Runeskulls, KD Circlets, Tamriel Travellers, Bobs Armory, Loths Blunt Weapons, TIE4Mods

Environment Mods (Files: 22, DLed Size: 398MB):

Animated Window Lighting System, Bank of Cyrodiil, Better Cities, Cities Alive At Night, Clocks of Cyrodiil, Diverse Grasses, Enhanced Water, Enhanced Weather, Harvest Flora, Natural Environments, Qarls Harvest, Real Night Sky, (All) Unique Landscapes

Gameplay Mods (Files: 24, DLed Size: 163MB):

MOBS, Automatic Difficulty Increaser, DarkUI DarNified, Deadly Reflex, Eleven Maps, Gorier Blood, Hand to Hand Idle, Item Interchange, Keychain, Uncapper, Denock Arrows, Rowboats, Initial Glow, Mighty Magick Reborn, Midas Magic Spells of Aurum

NPC Mods (Files: 17, DLed Size: 370MB):

COBL, Cats and Rats, City Life, Companion Share Recruit, Fighters Guild United, Reneers Guard Overhaul, Slofs Dogs, Slofs Horses/Extra/Nightmare, Slofs Oblivion Robe Trader, Tona Mods Store

Quest Mods (Files: 94, DLed Size 4.7GB)

Dragon Captions, Elsweyr Anequina, Gate to Aesgaard 1 & 2, Heart of the Dead, Ivellon, Kragenirs Death Quest, **Kvatch Rebuilt**, Malevolent, Ruined Tails Tale, Sentient Weapon, The Blackwood Company, The Elder Council, The Lost Spires, Weapons of the Nine, Dremora Companion, The Fight for Castle Ravenpride, The Old Crow Inn, Against the Zealots of the Nine, Artifacts of the Ancestors, Artifacts of Tamriel, Bartholm, Blood & Mud Dirt Deluxe, Bloodlines, Cybiades, Damarask, Dexwoods Hideout, Feudal Empire, Frostcrag Reborn, Gaenor in Dementia, Glenvar Castle, Kingdom of Almar, Knights of the White Stallion, Let the People Drink, Lost Sword of the Aylieds, Mighty Umbra, Nascosto Isles, Nirnroot Quest Mod, Origin of the Mages Guild, Shadowcrest Vineyard, SoTs The Order of the Nibenay, Spear of Better Mercy, TA Odd Jobs, The Mysteries of the Dulan Cult, The City of Bjornheim, The Legend of Kah, The Naked Nord, Temple of the Elder Council, Tears of the Fiend, Ungaions Memoirs The Wellkynd Sword, Weapons of the Fallen Heroes, Windfall

** Kvatch Rebuilt not installed yet. No room in load list for the 4 esp's + 1 esm! **

Sounds and Textures (Files: 42, DLed Size: 2.33GB):

Atmospheric Oblivion, Audia Arcanum Sound Overhaul, Better Music System, Oblivion Stereo Sound Overhaul, Storms and Sounds, Symphony of Violence, Koldorns Ayleid Ruins, QTP3Redimized, Improved FVM/TF/AR/Signs, Exnems Eyecandy (undies so my kids can watch lol), Roberts Male, Rens Beauty Pack, IceElf Races, Stock Clothing and Armor for Exnems, OOO Armor for Exnems

Weapons Armors Items (Files: 27, DLed Size: 630MB)

Book Jackets, Art of War Weapon Pack, Ayleid Arrows, Blackluster Weapons and Armor, Blood Illusion and Arcania Armors for Exnems, Bonemold Helmet, Classical Weaponry, Crossbows of Cyrodiil, Dark Rose Armor, DarkIllusion, Deciever Armour for Exnems, Elven Weaponry, Exnem Leather Iron Warrior, Eyecandy Wardrobe, Hentai Compilation, Myths and Legends 2, Nightshade Armor, Ordinator Armors, Side's Backpacks, Travellers Belt, White Rose Armor

Tools 2 Get'r'Done (Files: 18, DLed Size 57MB)

BOSS, TES Construction Set, OBMM, OBSE, Python, Streamline, TES4Gecko, TES4LODGen, TESsnip, Visual C++, Wrye Bash, Wrye Python

After all is said and done, my Oblivion folder is sitting at 25.5GB. I also have a "not used" folder as well thats at 105 files and just under 1GB big. It's filled mainly with items I either decided against after downloading, or that were incompatible with my other mods. Unfortunately, there is still quite a few mods in there that I would've liked to use, but ran out of room in my load order like all of Duke's mods, Integration - The Stranded Light quest, Modular Oblivion Enhanced, and 8 house mods I wanted to see.

I mod my ini. Helps me with not having more ticks in my load order for silly things like bBorderRegionsEnabled=0 instead of having an esp do it for me.

I am using DR5, but with a seperate download of tweaked esp's for it. Think it was called an unofficial fix. Saw lots of cool things with DR6, though it looks like the author fell off the edge of the world or something.

My ini has not been rewritten back to the original. If it was I would have lost my bBorderRegionsEnabled=0 a while ago. I have only edited it once, and have erased my saves and started a new game about 4 times now. Every time having to reassign keys for DR5.

Maybe that is one of the bugs fixed by the patch I got? Did you have the patch?

Thanks for helping me out with that. I was using the OMOD install for it, so I'm guessing, no it was not the patch. I'll check that out. Thanks!

And your mod list is very impressive. Bethesda should drop by your house and play the game for a few hours. :thumbsup:

Streamline makes quite a few changes to your .ini file - That is how it works. It trades visual effects for FPS on the fly. Unless you have a weak system, I don't recommend it.